SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

should I buy a LXD55 mount as newby

I am very new with astronmy. After many years looking bought a SN-6 meade, and have a meade 8" 2080 in the basement, been there for many years. I'd like to start doing some viewing and have the opertunity to buy an LXD 55 new in the box very reasonable to pair with the SN-6 and later use with the 8". Is this worth buying (meade LXD 55) or are the horror stories I read all true? I don't want something that will drive me nuts just something in a go to that will handel the SN-6 and maybe the 8" later. Right now the Sn-6 is my interest. Mike

I did reply in a similar post,these are very capable mounts similar to the eq5 and cg5 with aluminium tripods the quality I would say is a bit better than the synta ones.The person you should talk to is "Dave from Vermont" on here I think he may have more than one.

Archived