Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
lock042

Siril 0.9.4

Hello, we are glad and proud to announce that a new version of Siril has just been released and is now available to all users: Siril 0.9.4.

1 - Presentation:
Siril is meant to be Iris for Linux (sirI-L). It is an astronomical image processing tool, able to convert, pre-process images, help aligning them automatically or manually, stack them and enhance final images.

2 - How to install the release:

Each new version is produced with several packages for most OS we handled. We try to build maximum of packages and cheer you to check if a package does exist for your OS at this page: http://free-astro.org/index.php/Siril:0.9.4

People on Ubuntu 16.04 or Linux Mint 18.XX can now download PPA repository in order to simply install last version of Siril:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lock042/siril
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install siril

We've also decided in this version to produce standalone application AppImages for using Siril in many GNU/Linux distributions. However, it seems that the package does not work very well on all systems yet.
Remember that Siril is a software for UNIX-like system, in consequence it does not work on Windows.

3 - New features:
Siril 0.9.4 is a stability and minor improvements release: it contains several bug fixes and at least 10 improvements over to the previous version, Siril v0.9.3.

• Fixed issues with SER in generic processing function
  • Fixed inability to open FITS when filename had parenthesis
  • Fixed selecting new images did not update the number of selected images
  • Fixed histogram sliders lag on OS-X
  • Fixed message "Error in highest quality accepted for sequence processing....." during stack of %, even if quality data are computed
  • Fixed sequence export to SER with unselected images
  • Fixed global star alignment with angle close to 180deg
  • Fixed undo cosmetic correction
  • Fixed crash in peaker function
  • Fixed aborting global star registration summary
  • Fixed sequence list which was unreadable with dark GTK theme
  • Fixed the update of the list of images

• Added support of internationalization: French, Dutch, Chinese, Italian, Arabic
  • Option for logarithm scale in histogram transformation
  • Add siril.desktop in archlinux
  • Added support for exporting sequence in avi format
  • Option to make a selection for global star registration in a smaller region
  • Read commands from a file
  • Option to follow star in registration
  • Added support for resizing exported sequence
  • Added support for reading and writing SER timestamps
  • Added support for RGB alignment
  • Added functionality to fix broken (0 framecount) SER files

We sincerely hope you will enjoy using Siril and you will produce nice shots.

The Siril development team

• Like 4

Looks interesting - thank you :)  I am about to change over from Windows to Linux for my astro imaging and processing.

• Like 2

Hi. Got this:

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/lock042/siril/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/source/Sources 404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/lock042/siril/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/lock042/siril/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/binary-i386/Packages 404  Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Isn't Ubuntu Trusty an old version?

Which version

4 hours ago, Bonnylad said:

Hi. Got this:

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/lock042/siril/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/source/Sources 404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/lock042/siril/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/lock042/siril/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/binary-i386/Packages 404  Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Which version are you using ?

It's working for Ubuntu 16.04 and Linux Mint 18.XX. It looks like you have a 17.XX version

Edited by lock042

Hi, yes - Rafael. The next upgrade to Rosa still looks like version 17.3.

I'll hang on a bit.

Cheers.

Many thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the stable release. Shouldn't be long.

Thanks again.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this