Appropriate ccd for rasa?

MilwaukeeLion

I'm picking up a used 11" f2.2 rasa for DSLR, curious what would be minimum appropriate mono ccd for wide shots.  I know its bit vague, still beginner to ccd imaging have ZWO120MM for planetary with manual filter wheel.  I do have an ha and Oiii filter but have yet to try them.  Thanks for any suggestions.     

ML

Firstly I think Celestron had a radical change of mind over the size of the corrected image circle for this scope. They reduced it considerably. I would check out their latest thinking on the matter so as to know what size of chip it will happily cover and with what adapters, since the very competent Harry Page found the standard ones caused vignetting.

You next need to think about filter changing if you were thinking of mono CCD which is, obviously, the most flexible option.

Because the RASA is so fast I don't think the usual Sony versus Kodak (noise versus real estate) arguments apply. The super fast RASA will overwhelm the Kodak noise issues (which are minor) by delivering lots of deep sub exposures.

Olly

Archived