Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSS Problem

ultramol

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had come across this before. After stacking in DSS it starts to compute final image but just freezes a short way in. On the screen in the box it says...

Computing final picture (auto adaptive weighted average ( Iterations = 5 ))............The program does not crash and in task manager it says it is running. But. when I move the cursor. the The box just dissapears and Dss is fine but no saved picture

Thanks in advance for any help

PS I am running version 3,3,4 on windows 7 32 bit

Same here wxsatuser, the weighted average takes ages and the final picture is not noticeably better, it may offer improvements if only some of your subs are good quality. The program met be consuming all your ram memory, which may not crash the computer but will slow it down a lot. I stick to the median or sigma clip routines. Also watch out is you are drizzling the stacks, this will also eat up your ram. I drizzle only smaller custom sized portions of the image.

HTH

Dan :happy7:

7 hours ago, ultramol said:

Thank you for that guys, the only thing is I am not very computer savvy so to speak. Am I right in thinking I would change this in stacking parameters in the program ?

Thats correct.

Stacking parameters>Light>stacking mode.......pick Median or one of the Sigma clips

I have tried the Auto weighted before and even my best laptop does'nt like it, takes ages to complete.

Also as Dan points out, make sure you don't have drizzle enabled as thats a real RAM hog and will crash with dslr size images.

Archived