SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A big ten-four from... erm... Derby!

CrashEd

Hi All,

Just thought I'd say a big hello as complete beginner in astronomy. I've always been fascinated with the skys (in various ways) and have always wanted to get into viewing them and photographing them (keen photographer for many years), but have only just gotten around to buying a scope and a few accessories (Celestron Nexstar 6SE, Hysperion zoom, various Plossls and filters).

I've already managed to navigate my way around some classic alignment pitfalls (the american date format, external power source etc) using the advice already given on this forum, so thank you once again to those that took the time to post advice.

Cheers,

Ed

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Glad to hear the scope that i bought is a good 'un. Only been out with it three times but managed to see Saturn last night from among the clouds - special moment!

• 2 months later...

Hi Ed, just to reaffirm, your scope is a neat piece of kit. Great buy.

I too live in Derby (city) and have for the past 12 months dived back into my astronomy  and astrophotography. I find Derby (city) winter night skies surprisingly clear. Do you go to any of the societies in Derby(shire)?

I run a SW 130mm goto via Stellarium & image using my MS Cinema HD Webcam, with modest results. About to move to dslr imaging for my next challenge.

Be good to hear from someone local & how you're getting along. 

Cheers...John

Archived