Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

YES! i managed half decent animation of that large prom :-)

Pete Presland

Thank you to @pietervdv  for recommending http://gifmaker.me/ it worked a treat (I think)

This an hour of videos, I had to increase the frame size from the earlier images due to the size of the prom. All the images were with the usual set up Lunt50 (no D/S) DMK21au618, stacked in REG6, sharpened and aligned in IMPPG. Then the GIF created in Gif maker.

Pleased to finally mange a decent animation, not sure whether creating the loop is a good thing or not, might prefer just one play each time I "click" on it. Also maybe a bit slower as well.

Considering the seeing it has come out with some reasonable detail as well.

2016.08.15 large prom lift off.gif

8 minutes ago, paulastro said:

Well done Pete.  I love the updated one.

Think I got a bit confused with the excitement of managing an animation for the first time and made a GIFF from the saved un-sharpened files from Reg6. The next time I get a chance to do one I will keep the frame size the same.

3 minutes ago, Montana said:

Wow!! that is amazing!!! :):):)

I must look at Giff maker as I have found Photoshop only seems to do one speed.
Alexandra

Hi Alexandra, I have P'Shop CS4 and you can do all sorts of Gif speed permutations down to individual frames.

Don't know about earlier versions

Dave

19 minutes ago, Montana said:

Thanks Dave, I see! so if you have a 500 frame animation you have to spend three hours changing them all to the speed you like :eek: I had hoped for a a button that would be like 10fps or 20fps.

Alexandra

No you can alter them all to the same time delay :)

Usual way click on the first one, hold down shift and click on the last one, set time delay on one image and click OK

Dave

On 19/08/2016 at 12:22, Montana said:

I have found Photoshop only seems to do one speed.

Great job! Alexandra, GIMP allows any speed too, and it's easy to select individual frames for a different speed, eg for a slower first/last frame. Pete, I'll try this gif maker too, it's given a very steady result.

Iain 

Archived