Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

orion25

There's an August Full Moon on the Rise...

Here is a Sony Handycam shot of the August full moon, also known as the Fruit Moon by the Cherokee people of the Southeastern United States, and the Sturgeon Moon by the Native peoples of the U.S. Great Lakes region. The Fruit Moon was so named because it occurred during the season of the ripening of fruit. The Sturgeon Moon was so named because it occurred during the peak of the sturgeon fish in the Great Lakes. Enjoy some original Native American-inspired music on Native flute, powwow drum and ankle bells as you watch the August moon slowly rise. The musical selection is called "The Gathering", from my collection of Native American-inspired pieces, TSALAGI CITIZEN, available here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/wodigewehali

O-Siyo! :hello:

Reggie

Edited by orion25
  • Like 4

great vid and sound track Reggie, i missed the full moon lastnight due to cloud, thanks charl.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

great vid and sound track Reggie, i missed the full moon lastnight due to cloud, thanks charl.

Thanks, Charl. May those clouds part for you.

• Like 1

Very nice Reggie. The music created a lovely atmosphere. My wife enjoyed it too :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scooot said:

Very nice Reggie. The music created a lovely atmosphere. My wife enjoyed it too :) 

Thanks, Richard. I'm glad you and your wife enjoyed the experience :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

Lovely work, I have really enjoyed your original compositions that accompany your vids. Well done and thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Astro Imp said:

Lovely work, I have really enjoyed your original compositions that accompany your vids. Well done and thanks.

Thanks, Alan. Music, astronomy, videography/photography are some of my passions. It's nice to be able to combine activities I love :D 

Clear skies, buddy!

Reggie

3 hours ago, laudropb said:

Very nice presentation.

Thanks, laudropb. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)