SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Uranus 16th August

neil phillips

Conditions were ok, but trans wasn't great, and for Uranus that's not a good thing. Still near morning I nailed focus. Got some reasonable frames going. But trans meant My frame rate was lower, And the scope was dripping wet, Uranus dimming as the capture went along, playing catchup with gain and then exposure, slowing frames down even more. But I am getting into the swing of it a bit now. Enjoing my astronomy. I am sure soon I am going to get lucky at some point, everything has to be spot on. 12" is even small for this dim world though. But just do able.

Yes the shots are heavy resizes. But if it helps see details its worth it in my book.

uranus page 95 png.png

Very good Neil - did I reply to your last message? Looking at the message screen I don't know whether I replied to your last one or if the message I sent below your's was earlier..?!?

I hope I mentioned (or you found out) that holding down the shift key makes fine movements/adjustments in all the WinJupos motions. (Page Up/Down, N & P, L & R)

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 02:18, Kokatha man said:

Very good Neil - did I reply to your last message? Looking at the message screen I don't know whether I replied to your last one or if the message I sent below your's was earlier..?!?

I hope I mentioned (or you found out) that holding down the shift key makes fine movements/adjustments in all the WinJupos motions. (Page Up/Down, N & P, L & R)

Hi Darryl I think you did. But if you didn't, you have now lol. Went out last night those spots on Neptune are around a lot it seems, as I got two captures that are showing them, one coming over the planets edge. the Next moving slightly further onto the planet. Both the same spot.  Might try tonight, but its showing mist . Think I may miss the mist for Neptune. As it seems to be happening later. Worth trying I hope. I just threw this together. Large resize. But looks real to me. The second capture was quite good. Especially for 29 degrees or less. The first Not so good. 00:10 UT

neptune.gif

Bad lad..! ;) lol You must have Triton displayed in the image - or if you leave it out you must indicate the N &/or P or F limb.....Neptune's orientation as well as the fact that it is tilted & knowing what's-what on a posted image confirms any bright spot's likely existence. (look at the "Graphics" image in WinJupos "Ephemerides" to appreciate this...)

You can see that not only will a spot traverse from F (following side, ie, the aspects of the disk "coming round the bend" ;) ) to the P (preceding, going first, disappearing side) but due to this "tilt" I mention a spot will often appear to "rise & fall" - particularly further above the Equator...use the buttons to advance the WJ "Graphics" image in time to see this aspect a bit more clearly. :)

2 hours ago, Kokatha man said:

Bad lad..! ;) lol You must have Triton displayed in the image - or if you leave it out you must indicate the N &/or P or F limb.....Neptune's orientation as well as the fact that it is tilted & knowing what's-what on a posted image confirms any bright spot's likely existence. (look at the "Graphics" image in WinJupos "Ephemerides" to appreciate this...)

You can see that not only will a spot traverse from F (following side, ie, the aspects of the disk "coming round the bend" ;) ) to the P (preceding, going first, disappearing side) but due to this "tilt" I mention a spot will often appear to "rise & fall" - particularly further above the Equator...use the buttons to advance the WJ "Graphics" image in time to see this aspect a bit more clearly. :)

I know. I will start showing Triton and orientation,. As I said I just threw this together to see what it looked like. 

Archived