SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

2 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

So, I have received an email from Salford AS asking of I can give then one of my talks???? OK, think you might have the wrong person there hehe. I could give them a talk on spending money on astro gear, no problem! :)

"I am currently putting together this year’s syllabus of talks for our local astronomy society. I noticed you have spoken to other local groups and wondered if you could do something on them lines for us? We can offer you travelling expenses to cover your costs"

Or Tent erecting lol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Stunning image Soupy. Is that straight out of the camera? Seems like you are having an amazing time in SA. Enjoy the rest of your time there. You'll soon be back to cloudy West Yorkshire :(

I would love to see a sky like that, do they really exist ha ha 

Just now, Vicky050373 said:

That'll be the day! Are you in Wales at the end of September whilst I'm down at Kelling? Bet you are looking forward to getting your scope out down there :)

Yeah wales with the dob mob. Will be at least an 18" 2x20" and my 22" scopes there as well as a raft of 16" scopes 

1 minute ago, mapstar said:

Yeah wales with the dob mob. Will be at least an 18" 2x20" and my 22" scopes there as well as a raft of 16" scopes 

It'll be excellent. I haven't got a clue what to expect with Kelling Heath. Think it'll be a real experience for me. I'll definitely get aperture fever looking at all those big dobs when I'm there with my WO110 and ED80 LOL :)

1 minute ago, Vicky050373 said:

It'll be excellent. I haven't got a clue what to expect with Kelling Heath. Think it'll be a real experience for me. I'll definitely get aperture fever looking at all those big dobs when I'm there with my WO110 and ED80 LOL :)

You were there last year weren't you Vic? I've heard you have your own spot this year? 

6 minutes ago, mapstar said:

You were there last year weren't you Vic? I've heard you have your own spot this year? 

I went to the November star party last year, not the autumn one. Remember, you were in Galloway the same weekend when hurricane Annabel hit (and we thought Kieran had had another kid LOL). It was a small star party with only about 60 people there. I only went for two nights. Friday night was the epic 8 1/2 hour viewing night under stunning skies. Saturday night was spent in the pub whilst the storm hit!

It is the first time I will have been to the big autumn star party. Think there are almost 800 astronomers there! Yes, I have my own pitch. I'm going for 4 nights - going Wednesday to Sunday. My pitch is near the Liverpool AS gang who I met when I went to NWAF with Woozy the other month. I'm setting up my gear on Gain's pitch though as I'll need his help (plus, my pitch has a few trees around it). It's going to be fun. We just need clear skies in Wales and Norfolk that week :)

Hi all,

sorry this is my first post on SGL

Was up seeing Peter at the Astronomy Centre a few months ago and he recommended I contact you guys. 

I've been on the steep learning curve that is stargazing/imaging for about 9 months and really interested in learning a bit more. 

I live in Wakefield so would like to join WADAS if membership is still open.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Dec said:

Hi all,

Was up seeing Peter at the Astronomy Centre a few months ago and he recommended I contact you guys. 

I've been on the steep learning curve that is stargazing/imaging for about 9 months and really interested in learning a bit more. 

Thanks

More than welcome, a good group I have been a member just over a year, contact Damian MAPSTAR for details or Vicky 'Horbury'

10 minutes ago, Dec said:

Hi all,

Thanks

Hi there Dec (is that your actual name),

Membership is always open at WADAS.

We are a friendly bunch and you are more than welcome to pop along to any of our meetings. Our next meeting is on Thursday 15th September, 7.30pm at Horbury Academy. We have guest speaker Paul Money. Check our Facebook page or website for details.

We have a mixture of visual astronomers and imagers, so there will be someone there to offer help and advice.

Keep in touch on the thread for information of meetings and events.

Vicky :)

It's clearing well over Horbury too. Would like to try to get out with the scope but don't know if I can be bothered venturing further than my back yard.

Damian - what's it looking like down your way? 

Is anyone else considering a run out to Winscar this evening?

Hi Dec  and welcome to the forum. As Eric says we are a friendly bunch and gour more then welcome to join us. 

If you check out the WADAS web page you will find more details on when and where we meet and how to become a member. 

Hope to see you at one of our meetings just come along and make your self known

Mark

2 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

It's clearing well over Horbury too. Would like to try to get out with the scope but don't know if I can be bothered venturing further than my back yard.

Damian - what's it looking like down your way? 

Is anyone else considering a run out to Winscar this evening?

I am ok if anyone is going can be there for 10pm or just before, looks ok weaher wise on all forecasts again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've just had a Chinese flown in, so I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. To be honest it'll probably be too late for me to start getting loaded up for going down to Winscar tonight. I'll more than likely have an hour in the back yard unless that security light is back on again! 

15 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

We are a friendly bunch and you are more than welcome to pop along to any of our meetings. Our next meeting is on Thursday 15th September, 7.30pm at Horbury Academy. We have guest speaker Paul Money. Check our Facebook page or website for details.

We have a mixture of visual astronomers and imagers, so there will be someone there to offer help and advice.

Hi Vicky,

18 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Hi Vicky,

Yeah Dec's my name.

Thanks for the reply. The meeting on the 15th sounds great. I'd love to attend.

ill keep an eye out for threads.

cheers

20 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

Hi Dec  and welcome to the forum. As Eric says we are a friendly bunch and gour more then welcome to join us. 

If you check out the WADAS web page you will find more details on when and where we meet and how to become a member. 

Hope to see you at one of our meetings just come along and make your self known

Mark

Cheers Mark.

ill hopefully see you at the next meeting.

27 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

More than welcome, a good group I have been a member just over a year, contact Damian MAPSTAR for details or Vicky 'Horbury'

Cheers thanks for the info. Hopefully see you at the next meeting

I'm here or there abouts

Welcome Dec. Congratulations on joining thd mad bunch we call our society. Very varied and a great set of astro folk. 

I'm still learning myself and can only just find Orion. You're welcome at the meeting and it will be a pleasure to meet you.

On the going out front I should've looked at the forecast earlier. Is tomorrow night looking any good? 

Archived