SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you all get out and the weather is kind. Here is a map of my light pollution. Currently in Johannesburg which is a nightmare, going to Cape Town tomorrow which is much better. Then Port Elizabeth next week which is excellent and luckily the moon will be away so I'm keeping fingers crossed for some clear skies ;)

Screenshot_20160825-224949.png

1 hour ago, Soupy said:

Hope you all get out and the weather is kind. Here is a map of my light pollution. Currently in Johannesburg which is a nightmare, going to Cape Town tomorrow which is much better. Then Port Elizabeth next week which is excellent and luckily the moon will be away so I'm keeping fingers crossed for some clear skies ;)

Screenshot_20160825-224949.png

The light pollution looks horrendous buddy. Don't know how you're going to see anything? :crybaby2:

On 24/08/2016 at 23:02, rockystar said:

Friday night looking like a chance of some clear skies. Anyone fancy heading out if it comes to pass?

Sorry Lee I'm on afters then out for the evening. Saturday would be o.k. for me but I've not seen the weather forecast.

Stayed up late last night to catch the Moon rise... These were taken at 1.30ish this morning over Johannesburg from the 9th floor, quality isn't great as the only way to catch the shot was through an unopened hotel window in the closed bar... Felt like some sort of assassin creeping round with the black camera bag and tripod in the middle of the night around a deserted 9th floor of the hotel! ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Morning all

I was up at 4:50am for work and it was crystal clear.

Orion was hung just great in the east rising so the wonter constellations are just around the corner.

Looking forward to my first glimpse of the Neb and teasing out those details.

The moon was a crescent which was quite nice in the fast approaching morning light.

Archived