Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

Ooh, nice results Eric. You're getting there with everything and it's all starting to come together.

Good to hear things are working well for you Matt. The QHY mini guidescope looks lovely and will be so easy to set up and use. I looked at them but I'm getting on well with the Orion 50mm guidescope. Interesting to read about the polar alignment feature in SharpCap as I didn't know about that. I've not used that programme yet as I have used EZPlanetary with the QHY for planetary and lunar imaging, and then I use APT with the Atik for DSO work. I'll have to have a look at that next time I fire up the laptop. Is it straight forward to work out as I've never used SharpCap before? I have to agree with you that the MkII wedge upgrade for the NEQ6 really makes polar alignment and adjustments so much easier! :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Ooh, nice results Eric. You're getting there with everything and it's all starting to come together.

Good to hear things are working well for you Matt. The QHY mini guidescope looks lovely and will be so easy to set up and use. I looked at them but I'm getting on well with the Orion 50mm guidescope. Interesting to read about the polar alignment feature in SharpCap as I didn't know about that. I've not used that programme yet as I have used EZPlanetary with the QHY for planetary and lunar imaging, and then I use APT with the Atik for DSO work. I'll have to have a look at that next time I fire up the laptop. Is it straight forward to work out as I've never used SharpCap before? I have to agree with you that the MkII wedge upgrade for the NEQ6 really makes polar alignment and adjustments so much easier! :)

Another learning curve just started in earnest tonight Vicky, PS Elements 11, I have decided to stick with Raw Screen Captures, convert the Tif to JPG, so may as well get them best I can

5 hours ago, Mark62 said:

Nice images Eric and hopefully your brain wave will pay dividends next time ur set up 

Just a one off Mark, the view is limited so need to move down to the bottom of the Garden really 

Lovely new scope Matt, now you've had a run with it should be easy to fix the issues next clear sky!

Nice images Eric, and from a warm room too! Excellent work.

Damian I'm a bit concerned about your mpg... :tongue2: you been hammering the pedals?

21 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Interesting to read about the polar alignment feature in SharpCap as I didn't know about that.

Yes you did - as we've had this exact conversation before, both at Winscar and at the Cricket Club. SharpCap itself's more for EEA / Planetary capture than stills n' stack... but it's alignment process is superb. Point scope at rough area North, follow instructions on screen til aligned, then go back to your usual software once that's done. But yes, SharpCap's simple to use.

49 minutes ago, Marci said:

Yes you did - as we've had this exact conversation before, both at Winscar and at the Cricket Club. SharpCap itself's more for EEA / Planetary capture than stills n' stack... but it's alignment process is superb. Point scope at rough area North, follow instructions on screen til aligned, then go back to your usual software once that's done. But yes, SharpCap's simple to use.

Oh dear, my memory is shot lol. I have zero recollection of that conversation at either location. Blame it on my age..... 

2 hours ago, mapstar said:

We made Vicky one a while ago out of red acrylic sheet from Hindleys off sheffield parkway.

Love the "we" bit. Really enjoyed assisting you making it and learning a little bit about your tools. It works a treat and it has had plenty of use :)

Just now, Vicky050373 said:

Love the "we" bit. Really enjoyed assisting you making it and learning a little bit about your tools. It works a treat and it has had plenty of use :)

Cheap as chips too :icon_biggrin:

Nice job of processing there Eric. I was looking at the tutorials on YouTube that Justine from HAPS had posted on Facebook. I've posted the link below. I found it really useful but made me realise that I really need to upgrade my Photoshop to alow the facility to adjust my curves. Really worth watching all 6 videos. Hoping I'll be able to put some of the processing skills into practice.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLw07hZOy20U9P8UDFL8onpkzZljbt4bO5

2 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Nice job of processing there Eric. I was looking at the tutorials on YouTube that Justine from HAPS had posted on Facebook. I've posted the link below. I found it really useful but made me realise that I really need to upgrade my Photoshop to alow the facility to adjust my curves. Really worth watching all 6 videos. Hoping I'll be able to put some of the processing skills into practice.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLw07

Link not working Vicky,

Archived