SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Matt Scunthorpe said:

Anyone had any colleagues ask them if your going to look at the Supermoon tonight? It really bugs me lol.

How do I explain that the supermoon looks the same as every other moon that they've ever seen...

I had a Facebook friend complaining that they won't be able to see it because of the clouds - I told them to wait until next month, it will look the same!

18 hours ago, MattGoo said:

National Geographic 11pm is 'Mars' - a new series of drama/documentary about a manned mission to the red planet and the latest in space travel.

Shame I don't have that channel :(

Sounds like science fiction to me :grin:

Dave

so I removed the handset and gears so it could be used as a manual "push and shove" mount. Even though it is a reasonably sturdy mount there is some "bounce" and it takes a few moments to settle once moved around.

@Vicky050373 do you still have the handset and gears/guts of that mount?? If so, def interested in the mount... mainly for the guts, gears n’ boards that you removed - not for anything shown in the picture...!

2 hours ago, Marci said:

@Vicky050373 do you still have the handset and gears/guts of that mount?? If so, def interested in the mount... mainly for the guts, gears n’ boards that you removed - not for anything shown in the picture...!

I definitely have the handset. Think I kept the gear that came out too. I'll see what I've got. I'll bring it on Thursday to the meeting if you are coming. Don't want anything for it. I'll message you and let you know what I've got apart from the handset. Don't know what element was broken when I got it so I just took everything out lol :)

2 minutes ago, mapstar said:

How typical clear skies and the DLB is full on! :angry2:

I was out in the back yard doing a bit of lunar viewing and imaging. Beautiful clear skies and suddenly the heavens opened! Race to get everything in quick. Was having a fun 15 minutes there too! Typical lol

IMG_20161116_204239.jpg

IMG_20161116_222014.jpg

20 hours ago, Marci said:

Cool - fanx chuck! Anything that was within it basically - circuit boards, whatevs! This COULD be the key to GoTo Dob...

Marc, I have got the handset and I only took one gear out. Everything must still be in the mount. If I get time today I'll see if there is anything else inside it that can come out. If not, you can have a look and see if you need anything from it. As long as it moves around without dropping I'm happy. We'll chat about it at the meeting tonight :)

55 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Will be in for the meeting late tonight as I'm at the factory till late 

OK, D! Hope you're coming for a curry though - need my "meal finishing" buddy, although I'll probably skip the starter tonight :)

Managed a bit of lunar viewing and imaging last night in between the rain showers

Waning gibbous Moon - 91% illuminated - imaged 16.11.2016
Using Canon 100D and SkyWatcher Equinox 80ED
Single 1/320 second exposure at ISO 200

Tried the Baader Fringe Killer filter out as I've not used it before (and I'm not really sure when I'm supposed to use it to be honest)
Anyway, I feel it made my images much crisper, and the Moon also seemed to have more definition and contrast when viewed through this filter :)

The Moon 16.11.2016.jpg

1 hour ago, astrotyke said:

Tonight's observing evening at crigglestone is CANCELLED .  Looks like the cloud will be rolling in making observing pointless. it's  a shame but these things happen.

I think it's the right call Chris. It looks rubbish for  tonight.

Archived