Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice images Helen and Marc. Always nice to see some images of stars. Vega is one is my personal favourites.

Lovely detail on M31 The Andromeda Galaxy. You've got really good results from such relatively short exposures.

Love it, and excellent work on putting your rig together :)

On 11/7/2016 at 23:57, 2STAR said:

My first go at M57, Screen shot capture 25 secs (5x5secs)

m57 eric.jpg

Vega was above the Town centre so M57 obviously suffered from the LP, however, another new one for me to revisit in darker sky. 

Atik have improved the Software on the infinity really well,  and added some new features including increasing the exposure capability from 120 secs to 10 mins, so I am looking to get a bit more adventurous with my Alt/Az mount when the conditions allow. 

6 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Great image Eric. Look forward to what you are going to come out with next. You are certainly getting some great results with the Atik Infinity.

Snow snow snow today, so it doesn't look like we'll be seeing any stars tonight.

Thanks Vicky, I am still a bit hit & miss regarding accurate alignment, I didn't get the Ring Nebula on screen to start, had to search around just a little to locate it.

As for the Infinity, some of the images I have seen on Alt/Az mounts with an SCT are really very good, the new software update is excellent also, still learning here but its easy to use and just perfect for a beginner like me, shame they have hiked the price up recently though.

eric

1 hour ago, 2STAR said:

Thanks Vicky, I am still a bit hit & miss regarding accurate alignment, I didn't get the Ring Nebula on screen to start, had to search around just a little to locate it.

As for the Infinity, some of the images I have seen on Alt/Az mounts with an SCT are really very good, the new software update is excellent also, still learning here but its easy to use and just perfect for a beginner like me, shame they have hiked the price up recently though.

eric

All the prices of Astro have gone up. There's a bit in the retailers section about it from FLO as far as I can remember.

1 hour ago, 2STAR said:

eric

All the prices of Astro have gone up. There's a bit in the retailers section about it from FLO as far as I can remember.

2 hours ago, 2STAR said:

eric

From experience just getting the tripod super leval and then aligning on the star using you highest magnification eyepiece helps alot, that's if it's dead centre of view or as close to it as possible. do that and will/should have no issues with the tracking going out. I've tracked dso for hours and the scope hasn't gone off. 

Area of the Moon showing Montes Apenninus with crater Eratosthenes to the centre of the left hand edge. Sinus Aestuum and Mare Vaporum are the dark regions to the centre left and right of the image respectively
Not the best image as it was shot through mist and cloud
Imaged this evening using Celestron 8SE and QHY5L-II monochrome camera
2 x AVI's of 400 frames each, with the best 10% stacked in RegiStax6
Image comprising of 2 separate images merged in Photoshop Elements 11

image.jpg

On Wednesday, November 09, 2016 at 22:43, Vicky050373 said:

Sold my little Celestron 80mm 600mm FL refractor. I am down to being a 3 frac girl. Oh no, had to update my signature. The other Celestron 80mm 900mm FL refractor will be going next. Thinning out my astro gear :) 

Good to hear you're letting go of some gear Vic.

Viewing report from the last night of Galloway is up I know you've already read it Vic. 

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/281152-a-ton-of-galloway-galaxies/

On 11/9/2016 at 22:43, Vicky050373 said:

Sold my little Celestron 80mm 600mm FL refractor. I am down to being a 3 frac girl. Oh no, had to update my signature. The other Celestron 80mm 900mm FL refractor will be going next. Thinning out my astro gear :) 

You are up to something Vicky I will be watching closely !!!! 

On 11/9/2016 at 10:19, mapstar said:

A really good go at that Eric. Top stuff with the kit you're using 

Just ordered some Cheap, Cheerfull , Chinese extension rings for my T adaptor, I have been running  at  f7.7 with the f6.3 FR, so need to push the focal train up to 105mm from 63mm.

eric 

Archived