SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

Same here Dec, like the washing machine at home there are too many buttons on it to know what they all do :) least thats what i tell the wife, but yea, ive looked at similar things as you have and had some ok results, some not so great!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giving up on the Opticstars for anything other than guiding. Spotted a 650D for £200 which arrived this morning, and WeatherPro says clear skies tonight, so shall mostly be playing with this!

IMG_0902.JPG

Ooh, looks nice Marc. Thought you had bought that as I saw your comment on the for sale advert ;)

Hopeful for clear skies tonight although you may have to wait until those pesky fireworks stop to have a proper play.

Great price for the camera too. I'm sure it'll give you great results. Plus, the vari-angle live view screen will make life easier when taking your images. Look forward to seeing your results :)

1 hour ago, Marci said:

Giving up on the Opticstars for anything other than guiding. Spotted a 650D for £200 which arrived this morning, and WeatherPro says clear skies tonight, so shall mostly be playing with this!

IMG_0902.JPG

Looks a nice bit of kit Marc and fair price for it

1 hour ago, Mark62 said:

nice Marc good find on the camera  hope you have fun using it. 

Im not venturing out tonight too meany fireworks and fires 

Was ok here all set up until it started 'snowing' ash and sparks from 2 door away, had to beat a retreat with the scope into the garage pronto, ok its bonfire night but that was dangerous with sparks raining down on 4 gardens !!!!!, just fading now so I may go out and set up again at 9pm if its still clear, just want to test the software on the infinity more than anything else.

eric

1 hour ago, 2STAR said:

Was ok here all set up until it started 'snowing' ash and sparks from 2 door away, had to beat a retreat with the scope into the garage pronto, ok its bonfire night but that was dangerous with sparks raining down on 4 gardens !!!!!, just fading now so I may go out and set up again at 9pm if its still clear, just want to test the software on the infinity more than anything else.

eric

Glad everything is ok Eric. With all all the smoke about you might not see anything 

13 hours ago, astrotyke said:

never setup on bonfire night, worse night of the year in my experience, did you get any observing done? 

No, didn't go out again, lesson learnt ha ha , sparks were flying and ash until way past 9-30, 2 am was clear as a bell by the way !!

didn't bother early on, but it was about 50% clear at 11ish, so had a quick look through Taurus and Orion with binos. Never really seen the Hyades before as it  doesn't really work in a scope, this was pretty good, and I've never looked at m42 through binos either - interesting to see the whole region in the wide fov.

Good effort Mark. I see some slightly elongated stars - are these on all subs? If not, then just re-stack with those that are nice & round which may give you a better result?

In other news, Stellarium mobile app (Android) is on Google Play store for 10p at the moment if you've not already got it.

49 minutes ago, MattGoo said:

Good effort Mark. I see some slightly elongated stars - are these on all subs? If not, then just re-stack with those that are nice & round which may give you a better result?

In other news, Stellarium mobile app (Android) is on Google Play store for 10p at the moment if you've not already got it.

Yes I think they are Mat. I was not guided and I think 120sec would have been better but I'm happy with the result until next time 

4 hours ago, astrotyke said:

Good spot on Stellarium Matt, i only looked at that the other day to see how much it was, good job i didnt get it then :) 

Pity I have a iPhone 

Archived