Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Dec said:

Cheers uplooker... thanks for the advice. Didn't know the batteries discharged differently. Think I'll switch to a leisure battery first chance I get.

I use a jump start battery for my dew control and a leisure battery for my camera, my mount has its own power supply, run all 3 for 5 hours and no problems so far, just have to charge up after use !!!

eric

Getting your scope out under clear skies is never a waste of time! If you're concerned about the sky being too bright for DSO imaging have a practice on the moon. You'll need short exposures of around 1/500 to 1/800 second. Maybe not a lot of detail with it being so full. It's worth having a play just to practice focusing. Good luck and look forward to your results :)

I was excited to see the clear forecast for tonight, but as usual the clouds have rolled in and stopped any further imaging. Not to mention the huge amount of light from the Moon. Setup was easier, the PA routine in SharpCap seemed to work and my guiding was a bit better. This is about 25mins worth of data on M27.

20161016_M27.jpg

5 hours ago, MattGoo said:

Thanks Chris. Yes, I did - I took the power box indoors to check it over and it turned out to be a single loose wire inside. No further issues with it since.

Those pesky loose wires get everywhere. Glad it's resolved Matt and great effort on M27

Lovely image Matt. Never get bored of M27, it's such a lovely little target. I never think of just using the L filter. I'll have to give it a go next time I do any CCD imaging. Looks great and I'm so pleased you sorted out the wiring issues.

Chris, hope you get some decent results. Look forward to seeing those. Bet it was nice to be out though and getting used to your new camera :)

Dont look forward to it too much Mark will you, i hope it isnt the high-lite of your week. My session, which i was bullied into doing by vicky :) was more about getting used to the camera and software. I did have a go at the moon, which was bigger than the camera sensor in my scope last night, im blaming the fact that it was a super moon :) 

i need to work on the focus more, and probably lots of other things. this blured image of m31 was from about 6, 1min exposures. long way to go but first time using a dslr. its not processed at all as im at work, but i dont think theres much data in there anyway

m31 stacked.bmp

m31 stacked.jpg

On 10/16/2016 at 23:53, MattGoo said:

I was excited to see the clear forecast for tonight, but as usual the clouds have rolled in and stopped any further imaging. Not to mention the huge amount of light from the Moon. Setup was easier, the PA routine in SharpCap seemed to work and my guiding was a bit better. This is about 25mins worth of data on M27.

20161016_M27.jpg

That's excellent under the conditions Matt

On 10/17/2016 at 11:21, astrotyke said:

I need a mask, not for my face, although some people mightg say i do :) that should help with the focusing 

Starsharpe is apparently the best Bhatinov Mask to use for focus Chris

Archived