Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

24 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Anyone heading there tonight? I need to see if I can get a "pass", as Sunday night is generally getting everyone ready for school and work night lol. Keep me posted as I may try to pop down, even if I just bring my grab and go for a quick viewing session. Really fancy getting out for a couple of hours though :)

I may do.  Depends on the forecast. I was clear all night but had chnaged thus morning to partly cloudy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iss is over tonight at dunford bridge.  There are 2 passes.

ISS will be visible at Dunford Bridge from 2016-10-09 19:34:46 until 19:39:58.
Elevation: 63°
Azimuth: 180°, S
Magnitude: -3.2

And

ISS will be visible at Dunford Bridge from 2016-10-09 21:11:12 until 21:12:37.
Elevation: 22°
Azimuth: 256°, WSW
Magnitude: -1.0

Showing clear from 9pm onwards so I'm going small car park 

On mornings tomorrow so wont be a late one unless the seeing is exceptional then I may just stay while 2am grab a couple of hours and go to work. 

Yea it's a clear forecast. Sure inches ked this morning and it was cloudy.  Anyway I may come up. I'm at work too tomorrow so I won't be late if I do go. Clear sky here tomorrow night at. Mist forecast at dunford bridge for tomorrow though.

4 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Anyone heading there tonight? I need to see if I can get a "pass", as Sunday night is generally getting everyone ready for school and work night lol. Keep me posted as I may try to pop down, even if I just bring my grab and go for a quick viewing session. Really fancy getting out for a couple of hours though :)

I have to stay at home tonight, that incident last night 'spooked' Delia a bit, he wasn't up to anything sinister as I watched him on screen for a few minutes, there was some really loud music around Ossett all night and early hours, he was in our driveway and back garden looking & next doors to see where the music was coming from, then went, I didn't have to deploy my anti-intruder device on him, he was a big geezer so would have had to be a bit serious with him if he was up to no good ha ha , will be back yard for me tonight if clear.

eric

Eric - my mate Sue said that music was coming from Silkwood Park at the top of Ossett. Kept her awake half the night.

Keeping an eye on the weather as it is dreadful here at the moment.

Hopefully it will be good at Winscar and I'm hoping to escape after 7pm.

Damian, what time are you planning to be there for?

44 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Hi Vic

Just about to pack the car up. At present looking that way its a bit stormy looking but was set to clear around 7pm 

Will be setting off soon 

2 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Hi Vic

Just about to pack the car up. At present looking that way its a bit stormy looking but was set to clear around 7pm 

Will be setting off soon 

It's clearing lovely my way. Hopefully, it'll clear at Winscar too. Don't think I'll get there much before 8pm to be honest, but I'm going to try to set off as soon as I can :)

1 hour ago, Vicky050373 said:

Eric - my mate Sue said that music was coming from Silkwood Park at the top of Ossett. Kept her awake half the night.

Keeping an eye on the weather as it is dreadful here at the moment.

Yes, I found out where it was coming from, there were hundreds attended, BOOM BOOM,BANG BANG till after 5am !!!!

5 hours ago, astrotyke said:

Yea it's a clear forecast. Sure inches ked this morning and it was cloudy.  Anyway I may come up. I'm at work too tomorrow so I won't be late if I do go. Clear sky here tomorrow night at. Mist forecast at dunford bridge for tomorrow though.

What forecast station is Sure inches ked ??

7 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Me and Vicky had a good night with patchy seeing and quite good transparency.

Just in after unpacking car in record time. Work in 4 hpurs yipee!  

It was a great night and I'm sure Damian will post a viewing report later tomorrow after work. We both saw a couple of new targets and built up quite a viewing card by the end of the evening. Car unloaded, just packing away before heading to bed. Night all :)

It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Chose our targets depending on where the clouds were, but where it was clear it was reasonably good transparency. That moon was bright though to say it was only around 50% illuminated! It was like viewing under a spotlight - you could see our shadows on the cars it was that bright. Thank you Damian for letting me enjoy your scope with you, and it was great to have a bit of fun star hopping and having time at the eyepiece viewing new and old targets :)

On 7 October 2016 at 13:08, rockystar said:

Hi Andrea, not sure what the "best" place is as i've only been twice, with the guys from the Central Lancashire Astronomical Society (they can be found on facebook), but they go to Dunsop Bridge, in a layby on the river. I'd check it out in the day time first (if possible) as it's a little bit "Cabin In The Woods" getting there and a bit tricky to find in the dark, if you don't know the area.

Thanks, @rockystar - I ended up going to the Beacon Fell car park but it was clouded over anyway so didn't see anything. Will maybe try Dunsop Bridge sometime in the future. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

wish him a happy birthday from me. hows his back?

Will do, thank you. He's gone back to work today, but he's not right. Still waiting for his hospital appointment letter. I'll message you so the thread doesn't get to chatty :)

Archived