Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

mapstar

WADAS forum 2

Pmsl very good Chris first prize to you I'm sure ??????

• Like 1

cheers pal. Sorry you didnt win if you entered 

Edited by astrotyke

its ok I don't mind loosing to such a lovely picture. What did you win ?? 

Maybe you get your image in S@N or the Royal Observatory 

Wow!!! Chris, how did you get that detail out of your veil nebula??? Amazing!!! ;)

I've just been having another look at my M81 & M82 image that I did whilst I was at Kelling Heath. Much happier with this result :)

M81, M82 & NGC3077 30.09.2016.jpg

• Like 5

It just practice vicky. I'll teach you one day. 

• Like 1

loving that photo @Vicky050373 . Looking really professional, some cracking detail. What's the little fuzz in the top left corner?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rockystar said:

loving that photo @Vicky050373 . Looking really professional, some cracking detail. What's the little fuzz in the top left corner?

NGC3077 seen it quite a few times Lee 

Slightly further out is NGC2976 which is a little bigger than 3077 

Edited by mapstar
  • Like 1

Super image vicky.  Loving it. Looks like it was done by someone who knows what there doing, I mean professional :) you must be very pleased with it.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rockystar said:

As a Damian noted, it is NGC 3077 a small galaxy within this group :)

33 minutes ago, mapstar said:

NGC3077 seen it quite a few times Lee 

Slightly further out is NGC2976 which is a little bigger than 3077 

Yes, I didn't realise there was NGC 2976 nearby until after my imaging season or I might have seen if I could have got them all in my FOV. Still, I was happy with my result :)

17 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

Super image vicky.  Loving it. Looks like it was done by someone who knows what there doing, I mean professional :) you must be very pleased with it.

Thanks Chris, I'm really happy with it. Been reading up on some basic processing techniques and tried to apply some of them myself. You'd actually think I knew what a was doing....... Haha ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, astrotyke said:

Well, whilst you lot have been doing your usual saturday afternoon things, shopping etc ive been sat here with my sore back processing my images and i think after 400, 600 second images ive managed to capture the veil nebula. im please with the results as i only used a pirates telescope :)

I think ive done well with the focus :)   Gain, i think i might enter this for the photo competition please if thats ok with you

viel nebula.jpg

Positive feedback only please :) 

I will give you a bonus point mark or anyone else if you can tell what Astronomical object or feature I have covered up.  And is not the veil nebula. Can anyone get it. No cheating

Edited by astrotyke
  • Like 1

Hi everyone. Not sure if anyone saw it but we're in the Express this week although I think I got the title of James talk wrong and they never added the date of his talk for some reason!

IMG_20161008_193718889.jpg

• Like 5

Lovely sky this morning at half four. 

Leo was just rising and orion was well placed high overhead. The atmosphere looked very stable as Sirius was hardly twinkling.

I had a quick look around with just the finder and could see the sky transparency was a lot better than of late with lower magnitude stars visible. 

Shame I didn't wake earlier as the main scope would've been out. 

• Like 1

Leo was just rising and orion was well placed high overhead. The atmosphere looked very stable as Sirius was hardly twinkling.

I had a quick look around with just the finder and could see the sky transparency was a lot better than of late with lower magnitude stars visible. 

Super job Sam really good wright up. 

Iv no idea Chris erm ✨ ✨ ✨ 

well the star below the viel, is a well know one, around mag 2

12 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

well the star below the viel, is a well know one, around mag 2

I'll give them a clue, you have just got a bit of open cluster NGC 1647 on the bottom left hand edge..... :)

Weather is showing o.k. for later at winscar

42 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Weather is showing o.k. for later at winscar

Anyone heading there tonight? I need to see if I can get a "pass", as Sunday night is generally getting everyone ready for school and work night lol. Keep me posted as I may try to pop down, even if I just bring my grab and go for a quick viewing session. Really fancy getting out for a couple of hours though :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mapstar said:

Yes, I saw Orion for the first time this year at home, managed it earlier in year in Spain.

also caught an intruder on the CCTV scared him off ha ha , thats how I managed to be up at 4am lol

eric 

a

• Like 1