Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

13 hours ago, Matt Scunthorpe said:

I will try to make it on Sunday too, though cant guarantee i'll be able to as I think I have a friend staying over Saturday, so depending on when they leave.

Would like to though as I've never actually look through a solar scope.

Hi Matt! Good to hear from you. It'll be good to see you Sunday if you can make it.

I've just popped out back to have a look to see what I can see, but the almost full moon is washing the whole sky out. Can barely make out The Plough! Think I'll have to give it a miss tonight. Typical that we have had beautiful clear skies this last few evenings whilst the moon is so big and bright! Was going to do a bit of full disc lunar photography, but it is currently behind the tree opposite my house. Looks like I can't win either way tonight lol

Eric - are you having any success?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didnt look like there was much where iam last night, but it was just washed out with moon light. totally full moon tonight, its up at 8:30ish so i wont bother tonight either.

Whos coming on sunday to the solar afternoon, weather permitting of course

18 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

didnt look like there was much where iam last night, but it was just washed out with moon light. totally full moon tonight, its up at 8:30ish so i wont bother tonight either.

Unfortunately I'm back in work Sunday, I've never done solar observing before it does look interesting though.

Yeah your right but if you find targets away from the moon its effect is less pronounced although it's still a pain.

Richard

I have to say there was a lot of moisture in the atmosphere around me last night the sky was decidedly yellow with the glow of a very orange moon. It was very strange that the yellow glow was not from street lights. 

7 hours ago, astrotyke said:

I am hoping to get for a few hour ,as anybody got a postcode for the cricket club

Lovely photos Mark. The moon looked great last night. Couldn't help but think of Leigh, as he always imaged The Moon whilst it was full. Might have a go at some lunar viewing or imaging later if it stops clear enough. Bit of high cloud around at the moment, but we'll see.

Will be good to see you Sunday Neil. The address is: Smithy Lane Overton Wakefield West Yorkshire WF4 4RW

There is a pass at that time. However it isn't going across the sun as far as I can tell. It looks like it may do on the 4:36pm pass. Might need looking further into but the 4:36 one looks the most likely a cording to the heavens above app.

10 hours ago, gtis said:

Hi

i have read somewhere that the ISS is passing over the Suns disk

this Sunday around 1-27pm

i think even the 4:36 pass misses the sun from our location. maybe somewhere else on the planet it will go through it.  http://www.heavens-above.com/passdetails.aspx?&satid=25544&mjd=57621.652624185&type=A

I was working on the Lunar 100 at one point, should probably try and figure out which end of the telescope is which again its been so long since its been out of the cupboard under the stairs.

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 22:53, Vicky050373 said:

Hi Matt! Good to hear from you. It'll be good to see you Sunday if you can make it.

I should be there now, what time is it starting? I should hopefully be more active coming to meetings now, had a torrid time financially this month, through a combination of paying off holiday credit cards, dentist and my car deciding it needed £350 to keep going

Lovely images Mark - great colour! :)

Matt - the solar event starts at 2pm at Denby Grange Cricket Club, Overton. I'll be there for about 1.45pm to get things set up and to make sure someone is there in case we get any visitors. Hopefully, we'll get clear skies for the afternoon :)

Archived