Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS forum 2

mapstar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rubbish for me last night, couldn't align correctly , had 4 attempts before success, made a mess of everything, managed to get M97 in centre of screen on laptop, could make out the 'eyes' but no way could I get a decent image, too much LP altogether, went to M81, same as previous, on screen but rubbish image, same for M82 Cigar, but at least managed to get my alignment ok in the end and tracking spot on, so good practise at least and not a totally lost cause,  got tired and fed up and packed up after 2 hours, spent last 30 mins looking for perseids but didn't see one at all again, :happy9::happy9: roll on dark nights minus Moon lol

Eric

With all the high cloud it will be pretty much pointless being out so giving it a miss tonight. 

Early start tomorrow hoping for 35miler on mountain bike. Work tomorrow aft will spoil it all though 

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

With all the high cloud it will be pretty much pointless being out so giving it a miss tonight. 

Early start tomorrow hoping for 35miler on mountain bike. Work tomorrow aft will spoil it all though 

Thats a good effort Damian, 35 mile is it gradient or reasonably flat, I used to do 23 mile a day 3x per week (to & from work) dont think I could do 3 mile in 23 days now ha ha

Eric 

No back yard astronomy for me today. As if the Moon isn't enough to contend with, they put a light on like this in the back yard! Sky totally washed out and I can't see anything. Thank you people it's like daylight out here and you're not even in the garden! I'd walk round the block and ask them to turn it off, but I don't know who they are :(

IMG_20160815_224059.jpg

48 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Thats a good effort Damian, 35 mile is it gradient or reasonably flat, I used to do 23 mile a day 3x per week (to & from work) dont think I could do 3 mile in 23 days now ha ha

Eric 

Up to winscar and back Eric its a fair hilly run on the mountain bike. 

14 hours ago, mapstar said:

Hi all,

Due to the problems encountered last time, when the thread got a little large, the admin asked us to move the thread to a new topic once 1k posts had been exceeded.

I have posted a new topic which can be found here

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/275560-wadas-forum-2/

Showing a distinct lack of imagination I have just stuck a 2 on the end.

Please can we all start posting there thanks .

what happens when we get 1000 threads, do we have to start a new forum?

8 hours ago, gtis said:

Hi

is the solar meeting still on for Sunday 

Damian do you go so far on the TPW or is it all road

i have been as far as thurlstone on the TPW

Its a lot of road riding the route I take is staincross, midgley, scisset, denbydale, upper denby, high flatts, winscar. Then down the TPT to oxspring and over to silkstone and home.

Its a fair ride but enjoyable 

The solar meeting is still on this Sunday at 2 -6pm, at Denby Grange cricket club at Overton. Weather permitting of course. We will need a few people there if we do get members of the public coming along.

Who is interested in coming?

Had a play around with the society Coronado PST at lunchtime, even though there was plenty of high cloud about.

Stuck the QHY5L-II Mono CCD camera in it and took a few videos concentrating on surface detail then adjusted for proms, before processing in PIPP, AutoStakkert, Registax & combining/colourising in PS6. Not a bad result? (apart from the join).

large.20160816_Sun_Annotated.jpg

I'm hoping to be at the solar event on Sunday, if not then I'll make sure to drop the PST off with Vicky beforehand.

1 hour ago, 2STAR said:

Moon at apparent 97% tonight, but just set up on the Patio waiting and hoping to catch an image of something in and around Ursa Major, just made a short list of objects to have a go at,

Eric 

Good luck Eric. I've not much enthusiasm for getting out at present with the moon as it is.

I’ll be well rusty by the time I start using my scope again. Won't know my Arcturus from my Antares! 

Archived