Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p_winners.thumb.jpg.b3d48fd93cbd17bff31f578b27cc6f0d.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Nicho

Ive Borged the veil

This is first light (over two night ) with my new Borg 77 with reducer making it a speedy f4.3 .

I have had this scope over a week but the connections to the back end to camera is quite frankly mind boggining and not alot of info on the internet made it even more intresting .

But ive got there and i will do a right up on how to connect a ccd too borg for reference for people in the future .

This is my attempt at the veil both east and west . Which is one of the reasons why i bought the borg just so i can fit a nice bit of sky FoV 3.58  in one shot ,over doing mosaics in Uk's fickle skys !

3.37 per Pixel

Configured as HOO .  4hrs in HA 900's 4hrs in O111 600's  No Flats bias or darks ...need to sort out Flats as it needs it .

Image07_combinedd hoo working small.png

• Like 12

Nick, that's great, what a field of view the Borg gives you! As you say, some flats will sort out that little bit of uneven illumination, great stuff though.

• Like 1

Well that's a good first light and it's giving you what you wanted in spades. At 3.37"PP you're going to be told by some that the sampling is too coarse but it's finer than the APOD-garnering FSQ106/Kodak 11 meg combo. Great start.

Olly

Very nice, and you've got the OIII done too in short order (this channel always seems to escape me due to moon/clouds/lack of full astronomical darkness etc).

Have you tried DBE in pixinsight? I've found that it stands in for flats quite nicely when doing narrowband  (well at least with my Epsilon using a 3nm H-alpha filter which never seems to show up any dust motes in subs).

Paul

Thanks John, Olly, Paul for your kind comments .

1 hour ago, Ikonnikov said:

Have you tried DBE in pixinsight? I've found that it stands in for flats quite nicely when doing narrowband  (well at least with my Epsilon using a 3nm H-alpha filter which never seems to show up any dust motes in subs).

Paul

Yes i have Paul but as you can see i have done i have mashed the picture toghter so dbe has done a good job .

With my 1.25 filters and a fast sysem i get quite a dip in light at the edges so it does look like i need to nail the flats with the combo i have .

Thanks

Nick

3 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Well that's a good first light and it's giving you what you wanted in spades. At 3.37"PP you're going to be told by some that the sampling is too coarse but it's finer than the APOD-garnering FSQ106/Kodak 11 meg combo. Great start.

Olly

Thanks Olly ,

Its your doing ! i'm sure you have been told many times but its from your inspiring work that i love a little bit of widefield .

I have seen many combos of different cameras and telescopes with higher PP and delivered great shots . That is what made me take a slight gamble with it . Im glad i did ,i love widefield !!!

Nick

• Like 1

That's a great first light, i do rate the Borgs highly.  Think you already called out the immediate issues but those aside nice outing - little more familiarity and you will be knocking out some great images on this combo.

Paddy