Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep29_banner.thumb.jpg.da7f3b163f7bd35187cb558b0346baf6.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
evansg

The Triffid Nebula in Sagittarius

The well known Triffid Nebula - M20.

I took Luminance data using my GSO RC10 (reduced to f/5.6) & QSI683L. Unfortunately I didn't have time to capture color but I had these color data since 2011. When I shot this target using my old WO FLT98 and my lovely ATIK314L camera. Well this is why the target cropped at rectangular shape. Hope you like it :) 

Camera: Lum: QSI 683L, Color ATIK314L
Telescopes: GSO RC10 Reduced to f/5.6 (Lum) WO FLT98 (Color)
Mount: Astrophysics Mach 1 GTO + Skywatcher HEQ5
Filters: LRGB

Full resolution: http://www.celestialpixels.com/Nebulae/i-85LQxdP/X2

triffidm20-X2.jpg

Edited by evansg
  • Like 10

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MarsG76
      This is a close up of IC 2944, also known as the Running Chicken Nebula or the λ Centauri Nebula, with the Bok Globules visible in the upper third of the frame. IC2944 is an open cluster with an associated emission nebula found in the constellation Centaurus, near the star λ Centauri. This image was exposed using a Cooled and full spectrum astro modded DSLR through a 8" SCT at it's native 2032mm (f10) focal length. The total exposure time was 8 hours and 25 minutes, through a UV/IR filter to capture natural colour data.
    • By MarsG76
      NGC 6357 is a nebula about 5500 light years away in the constellation Scorpius near the better known NGC 6334, AKA the "Cat's Paw" or "Bear Paw" nebula. This nebula was also given the name War and Peace Nebula because of its appearance in infrared images, the bright western part resembles a dove and the eastern part looks like a skull. This photo was taken through a 8" SCT at f6.3 (1280mm focal length) and exposed using a full spectrum modded and cooled Canon 40D DSLR.
    • By MarsG76
      NGC 6357 is about 5500 light years away in the constellation Scorpius near the better known NGC 6334, AKA the "Cat's Paw" or "Bear Paw" nebula. This nebula was also given the name War and Peace Nebula because of its appearance in infrared images, the bright western part resembles a dove and the eastern part looks like a skull. This photo was taken through a Celestron C8 8" SCT at f6.3 (1280mm focal length), tracked on the CGEM and exposed using a full spectrum modded and cooled Canon 40D DSLR. Total exposure time through the SII, HAlpha and OIII filters was 40 hours.
    • By MarsG76
      Hello All,
      I'm going through some of my subs which I captured earlier this year, but did not have a chance to process. This is my "War and Peace" nebula RGB subs processed which I captured on 22 June 2020, after the nights of imaging this nebula in Narrowband.
      Imaged at f6.3, 1280mm focal length, through my 8" SCT, cooled and modded Canon 40D for about 4 hours exposure time.

CS,
      MG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.