Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

hobbit

which zwo for lunar

I want to move up from my asi 120mc as was wondering which is better for lunar. the 174, 224 or 290. 

oh. and it would be on a celestron c8

thanks.

Edited by hobbit

I've used a 290MC and 178MC for lunar imaging and my favorite is the 178MC for lunar.   Larger sensor and the small pixel size means you won't need a barlow with your C8 so you can get larger FOVs.

L

As above or the 174MM with a 2.5x Powermate to get a bit closer and stay at a sweet spot f/.  Don't forget an IR pass filter too.

I have ASI178MM and that would work with f/10 SCT for lunar without a Barlow (bit below optimal - max resolution to avoid light diffraction ghosts on edges and alike). And mono with IR passing filter, not a color camera.

• Like 1