Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Adam J

Well defined difraction spikes with color retained.

I have been taking a bi-color narrow band image of the witches broom. I want to add in some star color using a CLS filter. I use a 130P-DS and I am a fan of diffraction spikes and want to see some nice well defined spikes on the brighter stars without blowing out their color.

Would I be better off trying IS0400 with a longer exposure or ISO800 with a shorter exposure to achieve this with my 1000D DSLR?

Edited by Adam J

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this