Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Chatroom Weekend Test

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a chatroom feature for the forums for a little while, I wanted to give it a good test and see if people are interested before we decide if we want to keep the chatroom, probably as a regular weekly chatroom night or something.

You should see a link to the chatroom above, if you click on it the chatroom should load in the webpage. I can then talk you around using the chatroom if you have troubles. It should automatically take you into our own personal chatroom.

If you can't see the buttons then try going to: (chatroom closed currently).

Thanks,

Grant

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it work under firefox Damien? I don't have a mac around anymore to test it in Safari, I can envisage it causing issues though, unfortunately I do not know of any free chatroom applications that integrate with the forum and support Safari.

I shall dig around though :lol:

If people are having problems over operating systems the forum could always use IRC. We could go on an IRC server make a channel and use one of the about 1*10^10 clients :lol: just a suggestion. I help run a server that we could host the channel on, if you've got any questions bout IRC just pm me or email

Cheers

Kyle

I think thats going to be the problem, people all go on at different times. I think the intention is to have a regular slot once a week in which the chatroom will be open. That way people would hopefully all be in there at the same time.

Any preference to days?

The chatroom is now closed. It will be reopened again when we decide the best way to use it, at least we can say people are interested in using it and that most people can access it...

We'll keep you all posted..

Thats the other reason for having a regular slot, to ensure theres always a mod or admin present. Everything that happens in the chatroom is logged so if there ever were problems, there is a record of it much like in the forum, so that it can be verified and dealt with accordingly.

I will be in there for the arranged Night and hopefully avoid any unpleasant discussions. I would ask that we keep the chat friendly and use commen sense IE:Not threatening behaviour or talk of a sexual nature remember kids can log in too and it maybe late here but if someone in say America wants to chat it will be daytime there :lol:

James :(

I will be in there for the arranged Night and hopefully avoid any unpleasant discussions. I would ask that we keep the chat friendly and use commen sense IE:Not threatening behaviour or talk of a sexual nature remember kids can log in too and it maybe late here but if someone in say America wants to chat it will be daytime there :p

James :lol:

Um, any volatile personalities in mind, James? :p:(

Archived