Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Witch's Broom and Pickering's Triangle - wispy bits!

steppenwolf

I captured 24 x 600 Ha subframes of this region but the last eight had to be discarded because of cloud cover. Sadly, closer examination showed that there has been a thin veil (pun intended!) of moisture high in the atmosphere to rob my data of detail but that is currently the lot of many of us in the UK so I'm just getting on with it!

Mount: Mesu 200
Telescope: William optics FLT98
Reducer: William Optics FR IV
Camera: QSI 683 WSG-8
Filters: Baader 8nm Ha
Subframes: 16 x 600 sec Ha
Control: CCD Commander
Capture: MaxIM DL
Post-Processing: MaxIM DL and PS3

Witch_and_Pickerings.png

I often think we UK folk should get a badge/handicap/T-shirt for what we have to contend with.  For the Western Veil it's a hazy glow around 52 Cyg that gives the game away - but we plod on regardless.  I had a super, super-dooper-seeing-transparent, night on this target a couple of weeks back, and it really made me realise what a compromise the norm is for us.  I guess there are worse thing to obsess about.  Carry on ;-)

7 hours ago, physicus said:

I often think we UK folk should get a badge/handicap/T-shirt for what we have to contend with.  For the Western Veil it's a hazy glow around 52 Cyg that gives the game away - but we plod on regardless.  I had a super, super-dooper-seeing-transparent, night on this target a couple of weeks back, and it really made me realise what a compromise the norm is for us.  I guess there are worse thing to obsess about.  Carry on ;-)

I reckon that, with all of the rubbish sky that we enjoy tolerate in the UK, we apreceate the good nights all the more.

Paul

Archived