Narrowband

SGLXII - Which scopes are you bringing?

DRT

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also keeping it simple, 2x DSLR's and a little Borg 55FL f/3.6 and some other lenses. Probably an HEQ5 to mount the DSLR with Borg 55... and a Vixen Polarie for the other DSLR..

I figured bringing my old Celestron 10" reflector would just encourage too many clouds :)

James

Question.. should I bother bringing my 300mm f4 .. last time it did really nicely with m51. Just means I have to sort out the mounting with the new wifi for the automation sat in it's normal position.

Think I may choose to simply single scope it this year.

58 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Ah, a fellow flight case lover.... need to label them to avoid disappointment?!

Peter

All labeled 

39 minutes ago, Jonk said:

Which one's got the food in?!

Fridge and cupboards filled with food / beer / single malt.

Dave

I'm still going round in circles WRT what I'm bringing, considering that everything (Including me!) has to fit in my little Rover 25.

TBH I may go visual instead of imaging as it looks like we may only get one clear night. I've already checked that the TS 130 will go on the HEQ5, and should be OK for vis. Also with less to go wrong there should be less need to use cuss power to get things done.

Question is, will the 130 go in the Rover's boot? Will find out tomorrow.

PS. I'll pull the [NII] filter for you Dave if you want to give it a try.

3 minutes ago, DaveS said:

I'm still going round in circles WRT what I'm bringing, considering that everything (Including me!) has to fit in my little Rover 25.

TBH I may go visual instead of imaging as it looks like we may only get one clear night. I've already checked that the TS 130 will go on the HEQ5, and should be OK for vis. Also with less to go wrong there should be less need to use cuss power to get things done.

Question is, will the 130 go in the Rover's boot? Will find out tomorrow.

Sunroof ? :grin:

Dave

I've got to achieve the Quart in a Pint Pot trick.

Anyone know how to get a 16" solid tube Dob into a Saab saloon? Local governent has commandeered the big car for an unrelated weekend away with children and suitcases etc.

Paul

13 hours ago, Paul73 said:

I've got to achieve the Quart in a Pint Pot trick.

Anyone know how to get a 16" solid tube Dob into a Saab saloon? Local governent has commandeered the big car for an unrelated weekend away with children and suitcases etc.

Paul

bungees on the roof?    Don't forget to drive like a madman, as I'm sure people will get out of the way fast when they see you approaching with a rocket launcher strapped to the car.

Archived