First attempt with Registax6

SteveBz

Hi Guys,

Here are both my first attempt at a lunar image and my first attempt at Registax.

There seems to be a white line at the edge of the image.  DOn't know what caused that, but I can see a dim mark on the original video which correspond the the line.

Equipment: Celestron C114EQ, driven.  Kellner 20 mm lense (it has a rubber thingy on it which protects against extraneous light which is why I used it rather than the 20 mm Plossl) + variable polarising fliter almost set to black + Samsun Galaxy Alpha + phone holder).
I show it both processed and un processed:

Processed:

moonstack2.png

Unprocessed

0508.png

Comments please.  What could I do better?

Regards

Steve.

18 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

great start mate, at a gess you have over done it with the wavelets, thats why you have the white ring, the unprocessed image looks to be a tad outa focus. but its a good effort for your first try. well done charl.

Yes. It is out of focus.  I should have taken more stills and a dark sky, but in the exitement of the moment you forget everything.

Archived