Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bubble Neb - First Go With ALL new Gear Working !!

jcm

Conditions were awful - Haze , High cloud , trying to dodge banks of cloud etc. The sky background was very bright. Was going to try longer exp. but did not seem worth it , but at least it was a full test of the equipment.

Only managed 4 X 4mins in H-alpha and OIII and synthesised green channel.

C9.25 , F6.3 , Atik 16HR

EDIT - Added Crescent Neb image - not enough exp/data for this object.

3 X 4mins - the rest as above.

John

post-13061-133877343802_thumb.jpg

post-13061-133877343809_thumb.jpg

Thanks all for the positive comments. The F6 guide scope produces pin point stars and I am sure this is the reason the guiding at 1480mm FL is as good as the guiding when using my 780mm FL APO.

John

John,

I just looked up the Bubble on SkyMap to see what time it would be visible over the house. The image supplied with SkyMap is an RGB taken through a 12" LX200 in 1997 - it is not a patch on the one you have posted.

Mike

That is a superb result to which you would never have known was taken under poor conditions if you hadn't of said. It is also amazing in the fact that its only 16 min of data. I bet you where really pleased when that image popped up at the end of processing.

Regards

Kevin

John,

I just looked up the Bubble on SkyMap to see what time it would be visible over the house. The image supplied with SkyMap is an RGB taken through a 12" LX200 in 1997 - it is not a patch on the one you have posted.

Mike

I must admit that the result was a bit of a surprise to me. I was originally planning to do 8 or 10min subs. and was not expecting to get much from 4min ones. The EQ6 pro/Orion F6 Semi APO combination does seem to guide much better than the HEQ5/ST80 F5 combo. Can't wait for darker skies to come along.

John

Thats an excellent result John , as Ant says for the time you have got some nice data ,and the guiding looks good for that focal ratio as well

Rog

Hi Rog,

Pretty pleased with this scope so far. At the moment I dare not alter the collimation , just in case I mess it up. :shocked:

John

Thanks, Ron.

I must admit that I had to "push" the processing a bit more than I usually do to get a reasonable result. I was amazed that an image with a total exposure of only 32 mins withstood my attack on it :shocked:

John

Archived