Narrowband

AAG CloudWatcher settings

steppenwolf

I didn't get to test my AAG CloudWatcher during the summer months last year, only during the winter where it worked perfectly. I note now that the warmer nights have upset the balance with regard to Clear v Cloudy. Have any fellow AAG CW users reset their K1 - K7 coefficient figures to compensate for 'summer' and if so, could you divulge your settings? Mine are still on the defaults of 33   0   4   100   100   0   0

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

Hello Steve,

Having just recently acquired an AAG_CloudWatcher device, I am very curious to learn how exactly you have installed it in your Pulsar observatory.  I am trying to interface the Cloud Watcher with MaximDL, but although the program will display the data, I cannot make Maxim respond to the unsafe condition alert.  Do you know how to do that?

My installation is in many ways quite similar to yours, I believe, so would be very interested to compare notes, especially since I am located not far from you in Chailey, East Sussex.

Best wishes,

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Another SGL member (Oddsocks) has alerted me to your post so my apologies for not spotting it earlier.

I don't integrate the AAG CloudWatcher directly into Maxim, I use CCD Commander to run the automation and it is CCD Commander that interfaces with the AAG software.

I don't know for certain if it can be used directly with MaxIm - I am assuming that you have version 6 as the version I prefer to use is version 5 and that doesn't support weather monitoring at all?

The problem here may be that MaxIm DL is specifically looking at the Boltwood driver - in CCD Commander, I get round this by reading 'fooling' the system into believing that it is reading the continuously updated data file from a Boltwood device but I am not sure that this would be achievable within Maxim.

I will have a look when I have a chance and report back but you may feel that the investment in CCD Commander ($99.00) would be worthwhile anyway if you like Maxim as I do!

Archived