scope won't focus outward

Hi All , I have brought recently a 10 inch skywatcher dobsonian  , and all was good till tonight ,when it doesn't want to focus an more o it ,it goes outwards then it gets to flush with the tube and thats it , nearly there but stops . Please help me obey One 

As D4N says they are normally supplied with a 2" focuser. Which means that in the focuser there is an  adaptor for you to put a 2" eyepiece into and an adaptor for ypou to put a 1.25" eyepiece into. Seems that when designed they set it so that the 1.25" one fitted into the 2" one. So when you receive the scope all looks fine, but it isn't.

You need to gently extract both adaptors then put in only the one you want - at this time the 1.25" one alone. Keep the other safe.

I will guess that you mean something is starting to appear as you wind out, that is likely to be the spider and the secondary, not the stars+moon etc. Just normally there is insufficent inwrd travel as the eyepiece is held further out, but being further out the spider and secondary start to be at the edge of focus.

From other posts it seems they are starting to do the same now on other models. Used to be "easy" - If scope = new 8", 10", 12", etc Skywatcher newtonian then remove the eyepiece adaptors.

If this is not the problem then ask again. Just this is the "normal" problem.

Archived