sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

For Sale: SkyWatcher Skyliner-250PX FlexTube GoTo Dobsonian Telescope

I've decided to sell my beloved Skywatcher Skyliner-250PX FlexTube GO-TO Parabolic Dobsonian Telescope. It's in impeccable condition, and is absolutely superb. I still have all the boxes, instructions etc. Plus it comes with an Astrozap Light Shroud and accessories! All of which are in excellent A1 condition. 

As some of you know already about the Skywatcher Skyliner-250PX FlexTube 254mm (10") f/1200 SynScan GO-TO Parabolic Dobsonian Telescope. Combining the power of a large optical tube, the extreme portability of the patented collapsible FlexTube design and Go-To technology, the new Skyliner FlexTube Synscan Dobsonians bring over 42,900 celestial objects right in front of your eyes, and automatically track them as they move across the night sky - its as easy as a walk in the park! The patented dual-encoder design allows you to manually move the telescope anytime and to anywhere you wish - with no need for realignment. Slewing to an object on the opposite side of the night sky no longer feels like watching a kettle boil. Simply push the button! 

I'm selling as we require the space (excuse the pun) for a little one! 

Sky-watcher Skyliner-250PX Features:
Magnifications (with Eyepieces supplied): x48 & x120
Highest Practical Power (Potential): x500
Diameter of Primary Mirror: 254mm
Telescope Focal Length: 1200mm (f/4.7)
Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): SP10mm & 25mm
Dual-Fit 1.25"/2" Crayford Focuser
Parabolic Primary Mirror
0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
9x50 Finderscope
Direct SLR Camera Connection
3-Point tube locking system, fully retractable
Alt-Azimuth Mount with Accessory Tray and Built-in Heavy-Duty Servo Motors
Go-To Handset
42,900+ Object Database containing full Messier, NGC and IC catalogues
Quiet operation
Power Requirement: 12v DC Power Supply (Tip Positive). Sky-Watcher 17Ah Power Tank Recommended
56% more Light Gathering than 200mm

Cash On Collection. The scope plus light shroud and accessories is easily worth over £1k. I am seeking £800 ONO.

I'm in Surrey. If you're interested just drop me a line! via PM please.

Regards,

Telrad

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Telrad
Price Adjustment
  • 3 weeks later...

Space for a little one?

Are you getting one of those lovely little Takahashi numbers?

Those AstroZap sleeves make a real difference in contrast if you are not under jet black sky. 

Paul 

Edited by Paul73
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, my wife is expecting our first! 

I've lowered the price to £800 and I'm open to offers. 

The scope is in superb & excellent A1 condition plus it comes with many accessories.

Cheers

Edited by Telrad
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By guydive
      Hey all,
      I'm considering the 250PDS. The main use is visual, and the second is EAA (I currently use a zwo183mm). 
      What I'm hesitant about is the primary focus. since It's mostly for visual, I'm wondering on how much back focus it has compared to the standard Skywatcher 10" dobsonians? with the standard dobsonias with the same optics and focuser you already need an extension tube for most eyepieces...
      Also, there's probably a "bigger" obstruction (bigger shadow on primary)? 
    • By AngHor
      I have a SkyWatcher AZ-EQ5 mount. It’s all working fine, except I have an issue with alignment. This applies whether I’m in EQ or Alt-Az mode.
      I set it up using  one or two star align without problems.
      However if I use the handset to GoTo another object, I usually need to do fine tuning adjustments to centre on the new object. But the mount disregards these adjustments, so if I use the GoTo system to centre on a nearby object, or revisit the original object a second time, it’s still off by the same amount.
      How do I tell the mount that I have centred on the new object and that it should now be aligned with that object ? 
      My iOptron MiniTower has a feature that does exactly this – once set up correctly and aligned, for each new object I go to there is an “ALIGN” option, and if I use this it now knows the correct position. Can I do this with SkyWatcher and Synscan ?
      Thanks. Angelo
    • By Pincs
      Hi, I just got a canon eos 600d to take pictures with my skywatcher 200p scope. I am using prime focus with it which seems to work fine despite the problems people face with getting it to focus. I plan to get some great shots of the moon, planets and orion nebula but I was wondering if theres a way I can get shots of dimmer objects in the sky. At the moment i am finding this hard as I am limited to a 1.5 second shutter speed in order to prevent star trails, I am putting the ISO up high to get the most light but I was wondering if there were better ways to go about getting the best pictures without a tracking mount. Thanks.
    • By catman161
      Hi Everyone, 

So it seems that after my clear out of the "Big" scopes life circumstances are meaning it is less and less likely that I will be able to do any astro which is a shame indeed. 

I am therefore putting my little "Grab 'n' Go" setup up for sale 

This is an absolute little beauty of a telescope. Really excells on planets and lunar work and solar (appropriate filters must be utilised - never point a telescope at the sun unless you are an experienced solar astro buff!) 

I was very unimpressed with the flimsy tripod that came with the scope and managed to source a purpose built and absolutely solid portable pillar mount for it. Its is steel construct and is ingenious in that it allows levelling of the feet and also levelling at the plate too thanks to the utilisation of three springs and wing nuts to allow for easy adjustment. 

Not only is the pillar great for the levelling option it has but it also has removable legs to allow for easy transportation to dark sky sites. The legs simply slid into place and the steel cable is tensioned by hand through easy use of the inline bolt brackets. 

This is a whole package deal - perfect for anyone wanting to start astro or just have a great little portable setup. 

SO, whats included? Included in this sale are the following:

- Skywatcher Skymax 127 Maksutov OTA - mint condition, no marks of blemishes
      - Purpose built solid, tubular steel pillar levelling mount 
      - Baader Planetarium Hyperion 8-24mm clickstop Zoom Eyepiece 
      - Skywatcher 9x50 RACI Finderscope 
      - Greenwitch Astronomy original all weather telescope cover (you can't get these anymore!)
      - Skywatcher Synscan Al-Az mount and Hand Control 
      - 12 V power cable 
      - Original factory fitted straight through 8x30 finder scope and bracket/shoe
      - Instruction manual 
      £400

This has all been kept in my observatory under the cover throughout. It really is in excellent condition and cost me quite a bit to put together so I have priced it competitively. Please no offers. 

Is collection only and (of course) covid safe exchange. I prefer bank transfer as payment.

• By lenscap
      If anyone is looking for a used Skyliner 200p dobsonian there is one for sale in Bridgnorth, on Facebook Marketplace.
      No connection with seller.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.