stargazine_ep34_banner.thumb.jpg.28dd32d9305c7de9b6591e6bf6600b27.jpg

For Sale: SkyWatcher Skyliner-250PX FlexTube GoTo Dobsonian Telescope

I've decided to sell my beloved Skywatcher Skyliner-250PX FlexTube GO-TO Parabolic Dobsonian Telescope. It's in impeccable condition, and is absolutely superb. I still have all the boxes, instructions etc. Plus it comes with an Astrozap Light Shroud and accessories! All of which are in excellent A1 condition. 

As some of you know already about the Skywatcher Skyliner-250PX FlexTube 254mm (10") f/1200 SynScan GO-TO Parabolic Dobsonian Telescope. Combining the power of a large optical tube, the extreme portability of the patented collapsible FlexTube design and Go-To technology, the new Skyliner FlexTube Synscan Dobsonians bring over 42,900 celestial objects right in front of your eyes, and automatically track them as they move across the night sky - its as easy as a walk in the park! The patented dual-encoder design allows you to manually move the telescope anytime and to anywhere you wish - with no need for realignment. Slewing to an object on the opposite side of the night sky no longer feels like watching a kettle boil. Simply push the button! 

I'm selling as we require the space (excuse the pun) for a little one! 

Sky-watcher Skyliner-250PX Features:
Magnifications (with Eyepieces supplied): x48 & x120
Highest Practical Power (Potential): x500
Diameter of Primary Mirror: 254mm
Telescope Focal Length: 1200mm (f/4.7)
Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): SP10mm & 25mm
Dual-Fit 1.25"/2" Crayford Focuser
Parabolic Primary Mirror
0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
9x50 Finderscope
Direct SLR Camera Connection
3-Point tube locking system, fully retractable
Alt-Azimuth Mount with Accessory Tray and Built-in Heavy-Duty Servo Motors
Go-To Handset
42,900+ Object Database containing full Messier, NGC and IC catalogues
Quiet operation
Power Requirement: 12v DC Power Supply (Tip Positive). Sky-Watcher 17Ah Power Tank Recommended
56% more Light Gathering than 200mm

Cash On Collection. The scope plus light shroud and accessories is easily worth over £1k. I am seeking £800 ONO.

I'm in Surrey. If you're interested just drop me a line! via PM please.

Regards,

Telrad

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Telrad
Price Adjustment
  • 3 weeks later...

Space for a little one?

Are you getting one of those lovely little Takahashi numbers?

Those AstroZap sleeves make a real difference in contrast if you are not under jet black sky. 

Paul 

Edited by Paul73
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, my wife is expecting our first! 

I've lowered the price to £800 and I'm open to offers. 

The scope is in superb & excellent A1 condition plus it comes with many accessories.

Cheers

Edited by Telrad
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lenscap
      If anyone is looking for a used Skyliner 200p dobsonian there is one for sale in Bridgnorth, on Facebook Marketplace.
      No connection with seller.
    • By Planetarian
      Hi, I've got a Skywatcher Heritage 130p reflector, and if i insert anything less than 10mm eyepiece, the image won't get crisp. I guess it's normal, but as I'm very new to astronomy, I'd like to know what the sharpness depends on exactly. 
      Is that the focal length (how fast the telescope is? ) or the size of the mirror and how much light it gathers? Or both affect it the same way?  
      Are things the same with refractors in this regard? Thanks. 
    • By ThadeusB
      I have for sale my Skywatcher Startravel 120. Objective lens 120mm; Focal length . It is in excellent condition, clean and only very minor marks. Clean optics, no fungus. The focusser is the original one and works smoothly; 1.25" and 2" adaptors. With both caps.
      A very good starter scope, or good as a portable scope.
      Included accessories: red dot finder; 90 degree star diagonal; 10mm & 25mm EPs; mobile phone adaptor. All in as new condition.
      Please don't ask me to split this package.
      Price £140.00 no offers.
      It will be very well packed.
      Payment: paypal or bank transfer
      I can deliver by Hermes; I can get a quotation for this if you wish. Or you can make your own courier arrangement, or collect in person.
      Please PM me if you would like more information.

• By Quentent
      Hi,

So just today i got my new EQ3 mount and tripod delivered.
      Brought it out, balanced it leveled it etc etc.
      So i polar aligned it,  and selected 2 Star Alignment.
      1st star to align to: Betelgeuse.
      As soon as i hit confirm align the motors kick in but as soon as the mount starts to rotate the motors stop and the hand controller resets itself immediatly and starts initializing all over again.
      I discovered that moving Ra on its own works just fine as does moving Dec on its own but whenever i press for example the left and Up arrows at the same time the mount stops and the hand controller resets.
      Could this just be a problem with power draw? The Synpro box takes 12V DC and is supplied by a 12V DC car outlet type power source. However i changed this to a 3 Pin UK 12V 1A DC & AC plug.

Im hoping the power supply is the issue and not something else.
    • By Soulitude
      Hi everyone I am new here, I live in Perth Western Australia (bottle class 5) and have just brought my new set up. There hasn’t been anyone in the area I can talk to about astrophotography so tried to do it all myself online and I fear I may have incorrectly purchased some things. (I tried to get things one at a time for budget purposes)
      I have this set up
      heq5, evostar ed80, .85reducer & corrector, evoguide 50ed, zwo 120mm mini for guiding and just my canon 200d mkii for the imaging. 
      The telescope, I think I may have brought something that’s not great for imaging and that’s all I’ve wanted to do. 
      can you please provide a better telescope alternative that would be suitable for all my other gear without having to buy like a new mount etc. I’m thinking just a slightly better scope not too heavy, opinions would be much appreciated 💖💖💖 xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.