Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Alexa

meteorshower shooting with GoPro hero3+

Hello all, there's a meteorshower tonight and I wanted to shoot it with my new GoPro hero3+ witch I just bought (and not really sure how to use...)

Any tips or advice would be great.

Thanks in advance ??

If you live near me; suggest stick it on a cycle helmet and pedal about 200 miles to find a break in the clouds. Why do all the best sky sights coincide with poor weather and total cloud cover? Aaarrrggghhhh!

It's looking like the lucky people of Southampton are the only ones who'll have a clear sky tonight. Thinking of taking a drive down there 

Set it to night lapse, 30 sec continuous shots.... 12MP Wide and stick it in the middle of a garden or field away from direct lights...  however, depending how dark it is you should set the ISO to either 200 or 400... I've done it with my Hero 4 before and will again later if the clouds go away!! :-(

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.