Narrowband

ngc7000 (North America Neb) in HST

ChrisLX200

Captured some OIII and SII data to add to the Ha data captured a week or so ago. It's never enough of course and being the UK very likely another month before I get another clear night, so I may as well post what I have.

12x900s Ha, 7x1200s OIII and 5x1200s SII.

Scope: TV NP127is, CCD: Moravian G4-1600, Filters: Chroma 3nM, Mount: 10-Micron GM2000HPS

full-res image here: http://s970.photobucket.com/user/ChrisLX200/media/Astro - Images G4-16000/ngc7000 LHST2_zpstacyyg3q.jpg.html

ngc7000%20LHST2_zpstacyyg3q.jpg

ChrisH

MAny thanks all for your comments, much appreciated! HST is not everyone's cup of tea I must admit and it certainly doesn't always work either (if you consider this one as 'working' :) )   I have the SII channel for the Veil Neb but every time I try to put it together it looks horrid :(

Anyway, this is the more natural looking bi-colour version which doesn't require sunglasses to view, some may prefer it?

ngc7000%20bicolour_zpsp7qu0ksw.jpg

ChrisH

Nice work Chris - makes me want to put the 16803 back on my RH but will be patient as putting aside for a new toy later in the year.

Lots going on in the FoV, detail and processing is nice.  A halfway house between the full on impact of v1 and the subtleness of v2 would be an interesting view as well.

Cheers

Paddy

Many thanks for your comments! I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the poor star shapes around the edges :)  It's a struggle at the moment as the NP127is isn't well corrected right out to the edge of the 16803 sensor, but I do have the TeleVue Large Field Corrector on order (for over a week now) which will hopefully resolve that problem - but only if I can get the spacing correct! I'm not really keen on adding more glass between scope and camera but needs must..

ChrisH

Thanks Matt, I often do push stars into the background if I can (and if there are so many they distract from the nebula) but in this particular case I didn't need to because subs were short (15 and 20 minutes) so these are just what you get with the Chroma 3nM filters. The stars around the edge of the FOV are distorted due to my current lack of a suitable corrector.

ChrisH

My jaw is on the floor.  Simply stunning.  I'm voting for the more natural (whatever that means!) version. Love the subdued stars too. 

Iain EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure now. Jaw is on the floor for both versions :happy10:

Archived