Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGLXII Chit Chat

cjdawson

Do I win a prize for submitting the first emergency Maplin order of the weekend?? My master interface box isn't working, so I'm off to buy a hub.  If anyone needs anything shout up before about 9am!

will get dew shield components, as I'm sure we'll use them

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're leaving around noon I think, arriving before two.

Not sure the weather is going to merit it, but will be bringing my 18" dob and a Skywatcher 150ED Esprit, which should be mounted on FLO's new Celestron CGX (belt drive) mount with any luck.

See you there :)

10 minutes ago, Tim said:

We're leaving around noon I think, arriving before two.

Not sure the weather is going to merit it, but will be bringing my 18" dob and a Skywatcher 150ED Esprit, which should be mounted on FLO's new Celestron CGX (belt drive) mount with any luck.

See you there :)

keen for a gander with that esprite me ol' mucker?

5 hours ago, Freff said:

As a late booker I never made it for the Curry order. If the offers are still available I could use two please.

I'm happy to pay for them or put something in a charity box. Thanks.

Hi Tony,

Mine will still be available as I am unable to come along - I'm happy for you to have it. Not sure how to do that logistically but if you speak to the lady on reception and show her this post she might hand it over without a fight :wink:

Derek

9 minutes ago, bomberbaz said:

Are you still after a curry? Yoy are welcome to mine if so. To anyone else the free hogroast hasnt been claimed. 

Many thanks for the offer Steve, but I have managed to get hold of a couple. Perhaps someone else could use them. Cheers.

Having sold my old motorcaravan that hardly ever left the driveway except for SGL star parties, I am picking up a hired motorcaravan (must keep it tidy, must keep it clean) this afternoon and hope to arrive before dark. Curry and quiz night, yum.

Hi SGL star party , I just thought I would post a live time up to date weather report for the SGL chaps and ladies coming to the area later.

Doing this from the tablet looking up at the sky's 

Temperature at moment is 16.5 degrees C , so very mild and pleasant. Lots of sun shining through , no rain and no mist. Sky's are a mix of about 50% fluffy white clouds and 50% clear blue sky's.

All in all a very pleasant day in Hereford at the moment. I hope it continues for you☺

I think this is the last time I went camping. Seeing all the tents reminded me and as I have just got back in touch with my great school friend Rick, who sent me this shot.

IMG_5293.JPG

Not the best shot in the world but it was over 40 years ago on the edge of Coniston Water. This was the second tent site as while we were putting up a heavy down pour flooded the sleeping area, I am on the left.

Alan

Archived