Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

cjdawson

SGLXII Chit Chat

Chanced it and got parole early. Base camp established! Happy to lend a hand to anyone who needs it, just shout up, I'm down the end with some Leffe

IMG_1549.JPG

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jimboozle said:

Chanced it and got parole early. Base camp established! Happy to lend a hand to anyone who needs it, just shout up, I'm down the end with some Leffe

IMG_1549.JPG

Got a cold. Dreading the packing. However I know if I don't go I'll kick myself!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NickK said:

Got a cold. Dreading the packing. However I know if I don't go I'll kick myself!

I've heard whisky is good for colds...

As a late booker I never made it for the Curry order. If the offers are still available I could use two please.

I'm happy to pay for them or put something in a charity box. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hope there will be someone around who can help me pitch an Airgo tent else I'll be sleeping in my car :confused::(.

The only instructions I have start at 9, staking the guy ropes. Been looking online but not a trace, only a couple of silly youtube videos that are a total waste of time.

Lay out your foot print/ground sheet at your desired spot. Peg down at each corner. 

Lay out your tent on the sheet and peg out the corners as the ground sheet. Inflate the airbeams to the right pressure. About 4psi or firm to the squeeze.

Continue to peg out the perimeter of the tent, then the guy ropes. 

HTH

• Like 1

Thanks Tony. It sounds straightforward, but I've heard that before :eek: :confused: :grin:.

Just hope I don't "peg out" doing it :grin:.

• Like 1

myself and my good lady will be arriving Saturday about lunch time

• Like 3

You should get some clear slots this evening based on the latest IR satellite pic.

The weekend forecast does have a lot of cloud typical of "cloudy" high pressure systems but there are gaps in the cloud so you never know. Surely FLO brought that cloud gun with them?

Mark

www.bristolweather.org.uk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freff said:

As a late booker I never made it for the Curry order. If the offers are still available I could use two please.

I'm happy to pay for them or put something in a charity box. Thanks.

Hi Freff, I'm afraid I can't help with Curry tickets, but I do have Hog Roast tickets available if you need them? Cheers, Gav.

I will keep an eye on forcast and might choose to only bring a small amount of astro gear, this will leave room for the phantom quadcopter

:grin:

• Like 1

Thanks Gav for the kind offer.  I have a Hog Roast ticket  fortunately, it was the curry I was after to treat the wife.  ( brownie points )

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

I will keep an eye on forcast and might choose to only bring a small amount of astro gear, this will leave room for the phantom quadcopter

Don't let my kids see it or they won't leave you alone :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Freff said:

Thanks Gav for the kind offer.  I have a Hog Roast ticket  fortunately, it was the curry I was after to treat the wife.  ( brownie points )

No worries, glad you have that ticket and I reckon a quick word with Jonk and curry will be yours!

16 minutes ago, Jonk said:

I have a curry ticket if anyone needs it.

I could use one please. 

22 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

goodstuff Jules. there's plenty of fields around to fly it in and I'd love to see it. @Tim might bring his too :D

• Like 2

Only got put scopes in car in morning everything else is in just check everything before I leave looking forward to meeting new people 

• Like 1

Spent an hour this afternoon replacing the two tent pole sections that snapped in the spring. Should be there by about 2pm with a bit of luck.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Scott said:

goodstuff Jules. there's plenty of fields around to fly it in and I'd love to see it. @Tim might bring his too :D

Its on charge as we speak, and with EHU i can recharge it

• Like 2