Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A drop of the dark stuff (NGC7023)

Uranium235

Right... me and the Iris have never gotten on really - its my bogey target, dark and dusty really does not suit my location - but it was high in the sky so I thought I would chuck three hours at it and see what I get.

So far, its better than my previous efforts - but I wish I had some colour to go with it so I know where I stand and how far I need to go. Also, I've suddenly discovered the need to upgrade my NEQ6 saddle - as I'm still using the old "two bolts" version which I've found can lead to flex/drift in DEC if its not done up super tight. Question is - do I stick with vixen plates or get a losmandy?

I've had a look around for skywatcher dual saddles but all that can be gotten is ADM - which I'd probably choose over Altair as I think their system is overpriced a bit.

Anyway, here it is - not the greatest, but not the worst either...lol. :)

12x900 (L) 2x2bin  2.2" p/p

200pds, Atik 383L+, NEQ6

Thanks for looking! :)

28803336475_477c5e5a45_b.jpg

47 minutes ago, johnrt said:

Lots of dust there! Dusteh!

The EQ6 saddle is a bit primitive, I much prefer the upgraded losmandy, the altair ones are good too, either is a big improvement.

Cheers John :)

Yep Ive been looking around for a dual losmandy/vixen saddle but FLO are out of stock. I do have a losmandy saddle (from the time when they came with both) which is a big step up from what I currently use becuase it grips along the length of the bar rather than on two tenuous points. I might just stick that on and get a couple of losmandy bars in (one for the 200 and one for the Star71).

Archived