SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Information for clueless people

:withstupid: :lol::shocked: I've not got the first clue on simply looking though a telescope or what filters you you need to look at different things ect. so if you've got that problem, then post a question and my be some nice people will tell you :lol::)

:saturn:

hi astro kid

just about the most important thing to learn when using any optical instrument is never ever turn such objects towards the sun I CANNOT over stress the importance of this solar viewing is only possible using special equipment. A lot of cheaper telescopes are sold with so called solar filters please please if you have one of these the only safe place for it is in the BIN and always be aware of where the sun is in relation to were you are looking it only takes a second to cause serious and often permanent damage to your eyes. with that in mind have fun and enjoy this wonderful hobby the moon filters that come with scopes by the way can be used and will help no end in making it easier to look at the moon especially when its really Bright other filters such as the rattan filters IE red yellow blue etc help to bring out details of planets also if you live in large towns or places with lots of orange street lights its worth getting the filters which remove light pollution hope this helps and like you said if you don't know then ask we are all very friendly on here and don't bite well not very often :shocked: regards

PETE

What I said in the last post, before I realised I was logged in as astro kid, was ...

He's seen me on here and wanted to join in himself. :shocked:

Hope that's ok with everyone - I'm trying to steer him in the right direction! :lol:

Archived