Firecapture / filter-wheel software issue

Andrew INT

Hello all,

I'm sure somebody here will be able to point me in the right direction. I've just retrieved delivery  of a Starlight xpress filter wheel from FLO (excellent service as usual by the way!). Unfortunately the wrong USB cable was supplied, but I have managed to borrow one temporarily.

Anyway, the filter wheel works fine using its own simple software but I cant seam to get Firecapture to control it. I've selected Ascom in the settings, but the drop down menu only offers Simulator.net and simulator. I've defined each of the filter slots LRGB etc, but nothing rotated. Any pointers?

Cheers folks :)

Hi Chris. ASCOM is installed (I think) for controlling the HEQ5 mount through Stellarium but I may be wrong! I've certainly not downloaded an ASCOM driver for the wheel, unless it was part of the installation CD.

I shall go and check; thanks ChrisH

Thanks Chris and Bill, loading the ASCOM driver did the trick :)

Ive been testing the filterwheel indoors. Ive noticed that although the simple Starlight xpress tool is 100%, Firecapture does not always advance to filter 2 for some reason. It seams a little temperamental.  Is that common?

Archived