Milky Way treats.

cotterless45

Hour upon hour of glorious sky, the Milky Way running through Cygnus to Perseus, what sights by eye .
Got straight to the Eastern Veil,some very bright knots along the huge curve of nebulosity with a UHC filter. My notes show the best of Cygnus clusters, find these for a treat , NGC 6819, NGC 6940 and NGC 6871. 

Aquila gives a spectacular NGC 6709 and some deep sky treats.

Always fascinated by the globular cluster to M31, even if you can't spot it, the distance from the galaxy gives you an idea of these out laying globulars. Don't forget NGC 752 in Andromeda.

In addition to gliding around Cassiopeia, I went for a list of obscure Collinder, King , Czernik open clusters. Tr3 (Cr 36) being the finest here.

All the showcase targets were very enjoyable, Auriga peeping up in the north and fine clouds ended this session. A touch of cold in the night at last and some very stable views  after midnight under ,
Clear skies !
Nick.

Orion Optics 200 f6,Tv 24mm Panoptic.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Superb!

The G1 / Mayall 2 glob in Andromeda is on my list for later in the summer/autumn. I love it when somebody points out something obvious that you've never realised. I've seen the glob on the star charts a long way from M31, and although it was staring me in the face, I never really contemplated what that was telling me about the scale of it. (Another similar thing happened to me recently with the Veil when another member - maybe Kevin? - mentioned in a report that the two halves were part of one bubble!). I probably need to engage my brain a bit more than I do... :icon_biggrin:

Another great report, Nick.  Such a fantastic region around Cygnus!

I haven't tried for G1 "in" M31 as yet,  At 13.8 magnitude I rather suspected it needed more aperture than I have.  For those with large aperture this is a decent reference:

http://www.astronomy-mall.com/Adventures.In.Deep.Space/gcm31.htm

NGC 752 is a really wonderful cluster.  Better than many of the Messier objects! :)   Not far off there you have NGC 891 a really good edge-on galaxy that's relatively easy with small aperture even.

Archived