Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st proper CCD image - M51

Got the guiding sorted, thanks to everyone who helped - turned out to be weight. So i finally got out to capture my full plan on APT on M51. 8 x 8min L, 3 each of RGB @ 350s binned 2x2. 25 Bias and 15 flats per channel. I'm really chuffed with it, such a difference from the DSLR. There were a few coloured pixels that i removed with the heal brush but i'm not sure why they were there - I've left some at the top right so you can see what i mean? I may also have over stretched a little but I was pretty excited to get a finished image! Any comments or advice welcomed. Thanks.

M51 31 July.jpg

25 minutes ago, piprees said:

Nice one Stevie. What was your workflow with processing? I'm on the edge of moving to ccd from dslr and wonder if the processing is a lot different.

regards,

Phiil

Hi. Stacked the L separately with unhinged bias and flats. Then did each channel separate with binned flats and bias after selecting a reference frame. Opened all in PS and processed the L channel. Merged RGB and processed. Then combined the L and RGB and processed again. It's a steep curve but it's very rewarding when you se ethe image coming through. 

Archived