Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
The second bugfix release for series 0.19.
Thank you very much to community for bug reports, feature requests and contributions!
Full list of changes between versions 0.19.1 and 0.19.2:
- Added support DMS and DD formats for parallactic angle feature
- Added altitude limitation filter for AstroCalc/Graphs[AltVsTime/ME] tools
- Added visual improvements for AstroCalc/Graphs tool
- Added new time intervals for AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool
- Added computation of ephemeris for all naked-eye visible planets into AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool
- Added GUI for select the color of ephemeris markers into AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool
- Added 2 new scripts (Saturnian and uranian analemmas)
- Added 'k Pup' designation to star HIP 37229 (GH: #706)
- Added information about progress of loading on splash screen (GH: #719)
- Added a new skylore for Stellarium: Anutan
- Added support catalog "Southern Stars embedded in nebulosity" (Van den Bergh and Herbst, 1975 - VdBH)
- Added support "Catalogue and distances of optically visible H II regions" (Dickel+, 1969 - DWB)
- Added distances for few LDN objects
- Added support removing shortcuts through config.ini file (GH: #724)
- Added extraInfoString to StelObject: Allows extra info injected by plugins or scripts.
- Added display of Apex/Antapex points (GH: #737)
- Added "observers" for all planets with moons (GH: #736)
- Added IAU constellation abbreviation to object info
- Added 3 new actions
- Added settings for Script Console (GH: #741)
- Added Vanuatu (Netwar) skyculture (GH: #762)
- Added few asterisms (GH: #753, #768)
- Added new one time step into AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool (GH: #758)
- Added few new DSO textures (GH: #756, #780)
- Added support Vec3d into scripting engine
- Added a Messier Marathon script (GH: #771)
- Added support for short weekday display modes in bottom toolbar
- Added GUI option to toggle permanent orbit drawing
- Added hyperbolic comet C/2019 Q4 (Borisov) [2I/Borisov] into default ssystem_minor.ini file
- Added a scripting function for refraction (GH: #778)
- Fixed coloring text issue when formatting output is on
- Fixed saving properties for external software/remote computer in Telescope Control plugin (GH: #702)
- Fixed behaviour of selected ephemeris marker when sorting not for date (AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool)
- Fixed sorting date and time columns for AstroCalc/Ephemeris and AstroCalc/Phenomena tools
- Fixed crash on destruction of static QWidget (GH: #720)
- Fixed small difference of values issue for different time zones for Date and Time column in AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool (GH: #717)
- Fixed stupid conversion bug in hmsToRad function (GH: #716)
- Fixed an asymmetry w.r.t. to the ecliptic latitudes (Moon age)
- Fixed Search Tool/Lists behaviour for VdBH catalog
- Fixed distances for few DSO (GH: #708)
- Fixed Gregorian date issue for AstroCalc (GH: #711)
- Fixed support GPS on macOS (GH: #712)
- Fixed coefficient for the duration of mean tropical year
- Fixed issue for images in description for landscapes: set search directory (GH: #735)
- Fixed tooltip behaviour for Date and Time dialog
- Fixed star name to its source spelling (GH: #729)
- Fixed compiling with GPSD 3.19 [API 8.0] (GH: #733)
- Fixed encoding script files in Script Console (GH: #742)
- Fixed drawing names of asterisms
- Fixed aFOV display in Oculars plugin
- Fixed visual issue in Script Console (white background) with Qt 5.13
- Fixed links for scripting docs (SUG)
- Fixed screen flashing during solar eclipse (GH: #747)
- Fixed core.resetOutput(); method behaviour (GH: #750)
- Fixed AltGr behaviour for some languages on Windows
- Fixed clipping issue for LabelMgr.labelObject (GH: #776)
- Fixed weekday computation
- Fixed rendering planets orbits (GH: #773)
- Fixed error in shape of asterism Red-Necked Emu (GH: #769)
- Fixed proper removing of default secondary shortcut (GH: #764)
- Fixed cross-id error in DSO catalog
- Updated appdata.xml file
- Updated outdated code for names of days and months
- Updated Observability plugin
- Updated list of proper names of stars (IAU approved list)
- Updated Moon age calculation: let's use geocentric coordinates only for compute of the Moon age
- Updated AstroCalc/PC tool: simplification and colorification for graphs
- Updated AstroCalc/Phenomena tool: small speed-up
- Updated the default color space: StelToneReproducer now use sRGB as target RGB color space (GH: #718)
- Updated GUI for Satellites plugin
- Updated common names for DSO
- Updated common names for stars
- Updated packaging for macOS: Let's use macdeployqt for creating a MacOS bundles
- Updated nomenclature support: Let's use compressed nomenclature data to reduce an installation package
- Updated translations
- Updated planetary nomenclature
- Updated Sardinian skyculture
- Updated file handling in Script Console
- Updated HDPI features: enabled scaling fonts on High DPI monitors (GH: #546)
- Updated default shortcuts: changed default shortcut for copying selected object information (Ctrl+C -> Ctrl+Shift+C) to allow use Ctrl+C shortcut for text edit fields for whole planetarium (GH: #748)
- Updated getInfoMap method [scripting engine]: enhanced the getInfoMap method for the Sun (get eclipse data; GH: #747)
- Updated Chinese (Simplified) and Russian translations for Windows installer (GH: #755, #779)
- Updated Bookmarks tool
- Updated default exoplanets and pulsars catalogs
- Updated behaviour on Windows: disable HiDPI scaling in manifest (GH: #763)
- Updated Oculars plugin: improve RA/Dec output for CCD frame
- Code refactoring: type checking/casting clarifications
- Removed FOV plugin (the feature was moved into core of planetarium)
Homepage + links to downloading binary packages: https://stellarium.org
Hello, i am new to this forum, i made my account here because i need help.
So few weeks ago i ordered a USB to Serial cable to be able to Control my Telescope with my computer using stellarium.
It arrived today.
So i made my Star Alignment, then i plugged the cable to my Telescope and Computer, i installed the Cable driver and ASCOM Platform + ASCOM Celestron Driver.
I started DriverConnect.exe and put the Celestron Driver i downloaded, and did the properties informations ( had to tick on "Advanced Setup" and "Show All COM Ports" ) and i put "COM8" on "COM Port", then i pressed "OK" and then "Connect"
Create Creating device
Connected Connecting to device
Error System.Exception: Connect to COM1 failed, no Celestron scope detected
to System.Dynamic.ComRuntimeHelpers.CheckThrowException(Int32 hresult, ExcepInfo& excepInfo, UInt32 argErr, String message)
to CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ComObject , Boolean )
to ASCOM.DriverConnect.ConnectForm.btnConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverConnect\ConnectForm.cs:line 268
Dispose Disposing of device
ReleaseComObject Releasing COM instance
ReleaseComObject Completed release. Count: 0
GC Collect Starting garbage collection
GC Collect Completed garbage collection
"Connect to COM1 failed, no Celestron scope detected"
In Stellarium i set-up everything, the plug-in and restarted the app, then added my telescope and i says it's "connected" but i can't find my telescope.
Celestron NexStar 127SLT
The Cable i bought:
Windows 10 Pro, GTX 970, 8GB Ram(DDR4), i7 6700 3.4Ghz
Looking forward for your help, thanks in advance,
Hello everyone, happy Tuesday.
First time stargazer here, I'm hoping I can get some awesome feedback from you guys.
my fiancé and I are planning on taking a trip to Great Basin National Park from October 25th-30th, we're trying to catch the new moon, we want to do some deep sky viewing but we're having such a hard time on knowing which kind of telescope to purchase. we do have a few must- haves on our purchase, but I wanted to see what you guys recommend and what your experiences have been.
we need a telescope that is portable
good for deep sky viewing
reflector vs. refractor
and almost, but not necessarily, easy to use (we have time to learn the ins and outs of it)
I apologize if its a lot, but trying to understand the jargon, as of now, is giving me a hard time
Cant wait for any responses!!
p.s. anyone ever been to Great Basin? what should we expect on our trip? its our first time going and first time doing any serious camping!!!
THANKS A BUNCH!!!
Can anyone identify which control box this is? Is it focusmaster? And does it run off robofocus driver in Indi lib as I cannot get a successful connection (in indi within ekos)
I bought a robofocus motor with this control box second hand.
I have faith with seller that hardware works as should.
I've tried other cables and USB ports too. The software (k stars) I use does do port search when connecting equipment..
Any help appreciated