Narrowband

Morpheus price increase...first of many post Brexit?

F15Rules

I just noticed that the price of the Baader Morpheus range has gone up by £20 to £169 each..:dontknow:

I suppose with the £ trading a lot lower versus the $ in particular this is inevitable? That being the case, we can expect more increases in the months ahead, especially as dark sky demand rises?

I have to say though that even at £169 the Morpheus range is great value for a superb range of eyepieces. I love my 14mm, and hope to add to it before too long...when it finally arrives in the UK, the 17.5mm version will be very tempting..

For interest, there is a great detailed thread on these here:http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/544571-general-purpose-morpheus-thread/

Dave

Good job I've just finished off my EP collection with my last 5mm BST Starguider EP which arrived today. No plans for the rest of this year to get anymore, so hopefully if/when I do want a new EP things may have settled down again after the Brexit vote. If not I'll make do with what I've got! :) 

54 minutes ago, rockystar said:

as Craig says, they've only gone back up to what they were - I've only got one more to get to complete the collection of the ones I want and I can wait and I was willing to pay the original price.

I agree they are still great value for money at £169 when compared to the Delos and XWs. It would be great if Baader could add a couple of wider field 30mm and 40mm in 2" format at some point.

The fact that the Morpheus (certainly on the 14mm I have) is almost perfectly parfocal with the XL/XWs from Pentax is an added bonus too.

Dave

1 minute ago, F15Rules said:

I agree they are still great value for money at £169 when compared to the Delos and XWs. It would be great if Baader could add a couple of wider field 30mm and 40mm in 2" format at some point.

The fact that the Morpheus (certainly on the 14mm I have) is almost perfectly parfocal with the XL/XWs from Pentax is an added bonus too.

Dave

Yeah, if they did something in the 24/30 mm range then I'd consider one of those; I've filled that gap with ExSci82, which I really like, but I do prefer the wider opening of the Morpheus.

On 29 July 2016 at 11:42, F15Rules said:

I just noticed that the price of the Baader Morpheus range has gone up by £20 to £169 each..:dontknow:

I suppose with the £ trading a lot lower versus the $ in particular this is inevitable? That being the case, we can expect more increases in the months ahead, especially as dark sky demand rises?

I have to say though that even at £169 the Morpheus range is great value for a superb range of eyepieces. I love my 14mm, and hope to add to it before too long...when it finally arrives in the UK, the 17.5mm version will be very tempting..

For interest, there is a great detailed thread on these here:http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/544571-general-purpose-morpheus-thread/

Dave

Dave - this afternoon the Morpheus range was still £145 or thereabouts on the Microglobe website - small London camera shop. Generally they price Baader gear below mainstream retailers. 

10 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

Dave - this afternoon the Morpheus range was still £145 or thereabouts on the Microglobe website - small London camera shop. Generally they price Baader gear below mainstream retailers. 

Great tip, Mark - I had never heard of them but just picked up an extra dust cover for my C11 for £16 that I will use to create a white light solar filter :cool2:

16 hours ago, Highburymark said:

Hi Mark,

Yes, I've used Microglobe a few times and their prices are good. The only watch out is that the online reviews are very mixed, and I myself got very nervous when I tried to order a Pentax Zoom from them..

I paid by credit card (almost £300) and after 2 weeks it hadn't arrived and they didn't reply to emails. I eventually got through on the phone and threatened them with my card company as it had gone on for about 3 weeks with no goods or reply to my queries.

I did eventually get a full refund but confess I have been wary of them since. It seems that much of their catalogue is not held in stock, so they take the money up front and then order in the item. That worries me. If the item is showing as "in stock", I think it should be ok. ( I eventually got the Pentax from FLO in their sale at the same price).

WEX Photographic are showing the Morpheus range  in stock with free delivery at £149 (except the 17.5mm which hasn't hit the UK shops yet:-)

Dave

Archived