Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

CATLUC

Moon : one of Tycho more accurate picture taken by an amateur. 26 july 16 625mm

Hello
I am very happy to present you one of the most resolute images of the Tycho crater taken from the earth.
The only one I know much more accurate was taken by the telescope of 1 meter from the Pic du Midi at 2880 m altitude.
http://cdn.astrobin.com/images/thumbs/2779e738dc68a43e601feffd924c35b0.1824x0_q100_watermark.jpg

I have taken it in infrared but I can do a little better by using smaller frequency filters but it is necessary that the turbulence is low.
Clear skies
Luc CATHALA

TYCHO 260716 625 B4 742 06_53_36_pipp_AS_f100_g3_ap1650 12TI 12PN CADRE.jpg

This one was taken the day before with barlow 3 and IR685.

TYCHO 250716 625 B3 685 07_05_45_AS_f120_g3_ap269 12TI 12PN TEXTE.jpg

Edited by CATLUC
  • Like 14

Excellent image. Well done! :) 

Wow.  Amazing--bold statements though.  Strange that the Barlow 3 image is the same scale as the Barlow 4 image.  Normally increasing FL provides an increase in image scale.  

A great photo colleague Luc. Many visible details that are only possible in very high resolution photos.
I always said: In photography Lunar and Planetary a good ally seeing the grand opening is all you need.

23 hours ago, Rodd said:

Wow.  Amazing--bold statements though.  Strange that the Barlow 3 image is the same scale as the Barlow 4 image.  Normally increasing FL provides an increase in image scale.  

Hello

Thank you for your messages.

You must click on the image to get full resolution.

Clear skies

Luc

This picture of Tycho is  one of the best digital images, that I have seen.

You must have a large telescope and good skies, to get the resolution needed to see the tiny craterlets inside, tycho.

• Like 1

Hello
A new version with a bit less noise, a little more contrast and a small reduction to 90%.
Clear skies.

Luc

2382-1470049485.jpg

• Like 2

Great shot Luc. What focal length were you at on this ? Of course any image can be resized to any size imaginable. Its resolution that is the important thing. And you do indeed have a lot of great resolution on this image well done.

Not sure if you have seen this but its not too shabby either from the great man himself DP

Check out the Tycho on this page. Though they are all wonderful images

http://www.damianpeach.com/lunar14.htm

Edited by neil phillips

On 01/08/2016 at 13:32, CATLUC said:

Hello
A new version with a bit less noise, a little more contrast and a small reduction to 90%.
Clear skies.

Luc

2382-1470049485.jpg

Beautiful image Luc.

I don't know why Neil felt the need to mention the Damian image.

I think your image is worthy of high praise without the sly comparison.

Crisp, that is a wonderful image.  I could fall into it.

That seems a rather hostile post Legion ?  Luc was saying

--- The only one I know much more accurate was taken by the telescope of 1 meter from the Pic du Midi at 2880 m altitude ---

Which I thought seemed to be suggesting there are no others that have been comparable. To the more accurate 1 meter shot.  I wondered if Luc was aware that Damien's work might also be comparable. Not just the 1 meter shot referenced ?

Seems very selective not to attack Rod for saying this 

--- Wow.  Amazing--bold statements though ---

I could have just mentioned that there are perhaps others that are comparable other than the pic du midi referenced by Luc. But then Luc may have asked where is such a shot ?

I didn't Know if Luc was aware of he's of work, and the comparable accuracy ? I don't follow Luc around and know nothing about him, or how much he is, or is not, aware of others amateur work. Infact Luc's image has likely more resolution than Damien's.

It also seems strange to me that you chose to mention me referencing Damien's work to Luc. While  Completely ignoring  what I said to Luc

--- Great shot Luc. What focal length were you at on this ? Of course any image can be resized to any size imaginable. Its resolution that is the important thing. And you do indeed have a lot of great resolution on this image well done ----

Edited by neil phillips

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:02, CATLUC said:

Hello Neil

The focal length is 11 meters.

Yes of course I know the Damian's site and he is a great master.

In france we have made a post to compare Tycho's images.

http://www.astrosurf.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/027236.html

Clear skies.

Luc

Thank you for the information on the focal length Luc. I could tell it was High, but for my own work I was very interested in knowing what Focal Length would produce a image Of comparable detail on this shot. Though with less resolution agreed, as I only have 12" optics. Cheers for the French link I will google translate and have a look there to see the comparisons

NP

Edited by neil phillips

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 00:25, legion48 said:

Beautiful image Luc.

I don't know why Neil felt the need to mention the Damian image.

I think your image is worthy of high praise without the sly comparison.

BTW Legion Look at Luc's link http://www.astrosurf.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/027236.html  there are plenty of comparisons going on ?

I would have thought  Luc would expect that, on any post Which is comparing a shot to a professional image only.

I am very surprised what you said hadn't been pulled by the mods, as it was a bit cheeky really

Apologies to Luc for feeling like i had to defend myself. Its a great image certainly better than anything i have taken. As far as i am concerned. Back on topic. 

If legion wants to take the discussion further Hopefully he can pm me. To keep the discussion away from here