Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

August star hops.

Kick off with Cygnus, use a rdf or Telrad to get you in the area. A 40mm will pick out your target. The coathanger (cr 399) is best with a pair of x8 binoculars. The eastern veil is possible from town with a UHC filter.

although I have GOTO, there's a great deal of pleasure to be had from hopping around in the dark,

clear skies !

Nick.

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, cotterless45 said:

Kick off with Cygnus, use a rdf or Telrad to get you in the area. A 40mm will pick out your target. The coathanger (cr 399) is best with a pair of x8 binoculars. The eastern veil is possible from town with a UHC filter.

although I have GOTO, there's a great deal of pleasure to be had from hopping around in the dark,

clear skies !

Nick.

image.jpeg

Need to get a UHC filter. Have a light pollution filter, but don't really see any omprovement with it generally so rarely use it. I use my other coloured filters for the planets though as I find these do help tease out some details better.

Ive never been one for summer observing but already now at the end of July the nights are drawing in and its really quite nice and dark by about 10:15pm. I can clearly see the square from my location so i think i'll give the above star hop tour of the area a go.

Nice diagram Nick.

Archived