SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Ring Nebula! ((:

N3ptune

Hello again!

My motivation is strong these days, I went out on a week day and caught the beautiful Ring Nebula, I think it's my favourite nebula so far, it has a nice shape. (:

So these are the images I saw into my 203mm x 1000mm newton tube using a OIII filter, the great Ring Nebula, planetary nebula! I hope you will like it.

XyoFeXj.png?1

Your post is a fantastic boost to the start of this observing / imaging season - and the sketches are superb!

I've often lingered on this object as even in a modest scope it can look extremely eerie.

I only wish I had the talent to capture them in a sketch like you have - really well done!

David

Lovely sketch N3ptune, I love how you've captured how the gases seem to be slightly more prominent at one side of the nebula.

I also found this to be the case I also like how you sketched it at 2 mags really good job again ?

Clear skies ✨????

Richard

7 hours ago, David_L said:

When I read the title of  your post I was at first filled with pity for you........ :-) LOL

Sadly, my sometimes infantile humour made me think of something similar, like 'ouch!'

Sorry

Nice sketches, though, I like the idea of that but just cant get around to it.

Lol

Ok I changed the topic now :p

Hopefully the situation is corrected and I don' have anything odd or crazy anymore related to the ring, lol. (Maybe it's something else but I guess not ) 

(:

• 1 month later...

Great sketch  some imagers my be thinking about this image and wonder why you see so much detail ,am sure if they to spent a good hour looking at any dso they would see the same but most dont because they have a ccd doing that ,sletches give a more at the eye piece view  and is more realistic of what you will see as a three hour image with a ccd gives a more technical view that we will never see 

great image keep sketching 

pat

On 30 July 2016 at 19:51, mariosi said:

Nice sketches N3ptune, 

An old  sketch of M57 with out any filters if you don't mind .

Regards 

Marios 

2016-07-28 21.58.46.png

That's a lovely sketch Marios, beautifully done.

Archived