SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

11 hours ago, ONIKKINEN said:

Some urban planetary work with saturn in view.

20220815_012129.thumb.jpg.730358116a598637d70eba0a8586c259.jpg

Seeing is not half bad visually. Lets see if that translates to an image...

Thankfully it's not a DS astrophotography, the lights around are not working too bad for planets. 

16 minutes ago, Simon Pepper said:

This looks awesome where is that?

Lucksall - One of the SGL star parties. 

Sadly it doesn't look like that anymore. A few of us went off the cuff last autumn and these fields now have statics on them. It means there'll be no more star parties there 😭 New venue is required. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

Getting ready for action 

AAF5B021-6731-47B7-A0DB-98D49A3A3163.thumb.jpeg.be45bc1d86819c8407442bbff2153c1f.jpeg

Wow, what a wonderful setup! you obviously trust yourself more than I would trust myself not to knock those tall eyepieces off that tray when reaching for one in the dark. You must poses feline like agility!

Edited by Sunshine
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Wow, what a wonderful setup! you obviously trust yourself more than I would trust myself not to knock those tall eyepieces off that tray when reaching for one in the dark. You must poses feline like agility!

I ought to drill 2-inch holes in the tripod tray to accommodate the EPs. But then I’d probably drop a 1.25-inch EP straight through one!

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Getting ready for action 

AAF5B021-6731-47B7-A0DB-98D49A3A3163.thumb.jpeg.be45bc1d86819c8407442bbff2153c1f.jpeg

That DOES look great. i do the same with EPs and one day i WILL knock one off - i think i will drill my tray. How do you find the 100 degrees FOV of the Ethos EPs with the TSA? Do they play nice?

• Like 1

First light for the Tal-150p and its reputation seems well deserved. It performed  splendidly, helped by decent seeing, splitting tight doubles and giving  nice planetary views. And horizon to zenith from a low stool :) Weird left eyed finder placement wasn’t as awkward as i feared but needs a red dot/starsense for comfort.

Mark

FE217633-9DEF-4A1E-A34E-B74DBB941242.jpeg

Edited by markse68
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, josefk said:

That DOES look great. i do the same with EPs and one day i WILL knock one off - i think i will drill my tray. How do you find the 100 degrees FOV of the Ethos EPs with the TSA? Do they play nice?

I’ve only recently come to Ethos EPs and unfortunately I’ve discovered they work very well indeed with the Tak TSA-120.

I’ve got them at the medium to high power end (13 to 4.7 mm) where I can really benefit from the longer run time before an object disappears from the field - I have an undriven AZ100 mount. For widefield in have a Nagler 26.

The Ethos also work well with the Tak 1.6 x Extender. Fantastic views of Saturn last night with the Extender plus either the Ethos 6 (x240) or Ethos 10 (x144). Probably the 8 would be ideal, but I don’t have one (or remove the Extender and use the Ethos 4.7, but the clouds rolled in before I could try)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, josefk said:

Looks securely mounted Steve!👍

Hi Joe,

The AZ100 on my pier is , as I told you, super solid.  Last night I had a beautiful image of Izar , solid pale blue and golden yellow Airy discs ,in the frame at 342X  (  Pentax XW 3.5mm  ) and just the slightest quiver if I knocked the focuser.  

You will be delighted mounting your intended frac on the AZ...👍

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

I’ve only recently come to Ethos EPs and unfortunately I’ve discovered they work very well indeed with the Tak TSA-120.

I’ve got them at the medium to high power end (13 to 4.7 mm) where I can really benefit from the longer run time before an object disappears from the field - I have an undriven AZ100 mount. For widefield in have a Nagler 26.

The Ethos also work well with the Tak 1.6 x Extender. Fantastic views of Saturn last night with the Extender plus either the Ethos 6 (x240) or Ethos 10 (x144). Probably the 8 would be ideal, but I don’t have one (or remove the Extender and use the Ethos 4.7, but the clouds rolled in before I could try)

An expensive discovery then :-). I've been calculating field curvature in diopters for the Ethos 10mm and 8mm (i abhor field curvature and i want to future proof EP purchases against my predicted or potential level of accommodation in ten years time). At the scope focal lengths i'm thinking about they would be future proof at about 1.1 diopter "unfortunately". hahah. Enjoy.

• Haha 1