Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

My new evostar 72ed ds pro scope in action tonight on my az gti, the clouds departed for a while which is an odd thing for new equipment to do. All I can say is WOW! I know now why I really wanted this scope, I've seen so much more tonight than ever before with my Skymax 127. A good test on the moon showed very very very little CA if any, then aligned my az gti properly and everything was in the centre of the view everytime, saw cor coroli, the ISS pass cor caroli but no detail, will wait until it transits the moon for a good shot, then to M42, M81, Pleiades, beehive cluster, M35 and M47. Even a few snaps on the dslr. I'm so so happy. Excuse my over excitement I'm like a child. IMG_20210324_193040.thumb.jpg.1f1c9c8103ef6ea8abae348a84aa8d64.jpg

• Like 10

The observant will notice the dome is closed - a 2 month old refurbished pc packed in last night - so currently unable to image. Which is prob no bad thing looking at a) the moon b) the moisture in the air c) cloudz 
Nice lunar halo all the same

E45CA61C-0D4E-469E-A37D-692DC95593DB.thumb.jpeg.80d953bc7c05b6460bfd7aa74f5d9afe.jpeg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Waiting for a clear patch I can tantalisingly see headed in from the Irish Sea...

The 102ED fully loaded with both an rdf and 9x50 raci finder... plus the Altair 24mm UFF which jinked the weather the day it arrived a couple of weeks ago!

1018749463_IMG_20210324_2023287062.thumb.jpg.01e516abaf42eedd0c987af55aa07c40.jpg

That's a nice looking scope! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some rare clear skies here. Same forecast for tomorrow too 🥳

I took some snaps of M3 whilst taking in some sights with my binos (including looking at M3 for the first time).

Look closely to see the glowing cats eyes in the image. My little "helpers" have a new trick of rubbing against the tripod which does wonders for the images 🙈

IMG_20210329_200442984.jpg

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

This image confuses me, are you creating music or, doing AP? or both!

🤣 Just AP at the minute although I am in the middle of writing a song. Flipping between guitar and piano which are both to the right of the photo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jamgood said:

🤣 Just AP at the minute although I am in the middle of writing a song. Flipping between guitar and piano which are both to the right of the photo.

You had me wondering whether that gear in the front was the latest user interface of StarTools.

• Haha 3

Also blessed with another clear night. This time I'm pointing at IC 410 to see some little frogspawn (or was it tadpoles? 🤔).

First image looks OK in preview with the little amphibians definitely visible (plus some nice amp glow).

5 mins in Ha.

IMG_20210330_205734450.jpg

IMG_20210330_210534317.jpg

• Like 4

I was just sitting here contemplating what imaging will be like once flights resume at a more normal pace. I live on an approach to Stansted and in normal times I see a plane approaching from the East around every 2 minutes 😬

• Like 1

Yesterday was first light with my new QHY268M. It weighs a good kilo but looked tiny on the 40 kg SCT. I aimed at collecting lum on IC356 so I skipped to put on a filterwheel. Fortunately, after I took the picture I realized that I needed at least an IR filter so I had to put a wheel on. Then I only got a few subs before clouds moved in so nothing to show yet. Just happy that my computer had no problem communicating with the camera using SharpCap. I am also just happy to finally have the camera even if the season is soon over up here where astro darknes is at most five hours now. The camera got stuck in some eternal customs loop for two weeks between the UK and Sweden, which demaded both phone calls and emails to finally be resolved.

20210401_174542_resized.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, John said:

Another crack at Sirius B with the Tak FC100 tonight I hope. Determined to get the Pup with my smallest aperture scope :grin:

P1090844.JPG.52b77b38f9e865fcaa3e6599f1afad45.JPG

That sure is a pretty scope to look at, even better to look through, I bet. Good luck with the pup tonight!

Edited by Sunshine
  • Thanks 1

Looks like I get another clear night and the old EQ8 is doing admirably well in balancing 80 kg of scope and weights. Aiming at IC356 and it may catch some nice galaxy data.

20210402_203143_resized.jpg

20210402_231412_resized.jpg

• Like 6

My imaging session tonight, beautiful clear skies and great transparency with good seeing, a slight wind and quite cold. Thanks to my daughter for bringing me a hot cup of coffee as I can't leave my setup. I managed some data on M81, M82, M3, M53 and Leo triplet all at 25 seconds on my evostar 72ed, az gti and Canon 600D. Just hope they all come good in processing moro, clear skies to everyone who can enjoy it. 

IMG_20210402_214629.jpg

IMG_20210402_212644.jpg

IMG_20210402_212531.jpg

IMG_20210402_212254.jpg

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, gorann said:

Looks like I get another clear night and the old EQ8 is doing admirably well in balancing 80 kg of scope and weights. Aiming at IC356 and it may catch some nice galaxy data.

Christ that's one beefy set up and looks a beauty. Love your obsy, that's my dream. 

1 minute ago, LeeHore7 said:

Christ that's one beefy set up and looks a beauty. Love your obsy, that's my dream. 

Thanks Lee! Yes, when I saw that scope for sale I knew I could not resist but I also knew I had to build her an obsy - that lady is not for carrying around😉

• Like 1