SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

1 minute ago, geordie85 said:

Anything is better than nothing. Plus a very nice looking setup.

Have you tried your JTD rig yet? I need to get one but they always seem to be out of stock or my funds are empty

Thanks.  The JTD rig is now fitted under the ED80, with the DSLR on the ED80 dovetail and the solar scope on top.  I had no problem adjusting it last night, and it seems to be hold well.   It's a pretty heavy item though, but although expensive, I actually think it's good value given how well it's puts together.  ADM stuff is certainly a lot more expensive, and not any better made.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, John said:

First clear evening for what seems like a long time. Takahashi FC100-DL out on the Ercole mount. At the sharp end the Pentax XW 3.5mm towers over the diagonal:

IMGP6573.JPG

Very nice John. Is the Tak as quick to setup as your 12" dob?

I am considering a refractor of some kind for grab and go.  The weather has been far to cloudy with very few opportunities to set my dobs up recently. Being able to grab a scope on a mount for some brief viewing between cloud breaks!

I will have to start a thread for some advice!

Cheers

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Very nice John. Is the Tak as quick to setup as your 12" dob?

It's as quick to put outside. The Tak needs very little cooling time though. I've used quite high magnifications to good effect with hardly any cooling time whereas the dob needs 30 minutes, sometimes a little more.

Edited by John

15 minutes ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

The 300p towards the end of last week, viewig the Moon and Mars. Not many clear opportunities sinse then. It was quite cold, wet and foggy. A good opportunity to try out my winter kit! 😁

DSC_1058.JPG

I didn't know the SAS were into astronomy!

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

While the C11 is busy collecting CCD photometry on a cataclysmic variable star in the observatory, I'm outside do a bit of visual work. Using the Takahashi FS60Q refractor - such a lovely telescope in a tiny package that is so easy to use. A perfect combo with the Scopetech Mount Zero on a Berlebach report 312. 

I've also done some visual variable star estimates as well as some scans with the new Pentax 10 x 50's. 

With such simple equipment. What's not to like? 

IMG_5246.jpg.95c549a3dbf3ad42ba186beea49284b3.jpg

• Like 6