SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

I usually have an additional ZWO ASI290MC with fish-eye lens running from a laptop during imaging, just to check what the weather conditions were during the night, this is one of the many recorded sessions:

The equipment is listed in my signature, imaging was done with the SkyWatcher Esprit 150ED.

The recording was my second attempt to perform an anti-meridian flip using SGP and two events (north is above in the video). SGP cannot automatically do this, so the second event is fired in time to avoid the mount stopping in the middle of the night.

Nicolàs

Edited by inFINNity Deck
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, markse68 said:

It looks like your shed is zapping your scope with lightning bolts! Or is that some sort of wireless power system you’ve developed 🤔😆

I showed it my mate and he said it looked like something out of Frankenstein ! 😄

3 minutes ago, Spaced Out said:

I showed it my mate and he said it looked like something out of Frankenstein ! 😄

yes exactly that. There’s one point where the scope suddenly jumps position like it’s been jolted into life  😆

Edited by markse68

8 minutes ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Sky looks nice and dark there Merlin, Perfect for the 200p!

That was overlooking the sea, the Firth of Clyde to be exact. 😉

3 minutes ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

What sort of sky conditions did you have there? Particularly dark?

There was some scintillation present, lower towards the horizon, as you'd expect. It's not particularly a dark sky site, due to nearby towns causing sky glow, plus a large nuclear power station nearby which is brightly lit up. 

You also have boy racers coming into the car park with headlights on, but you can't do much about that. 

Portencross doesn't have any streetlights itself, thankfully. Although I make it sound a bit grim, it's the most LP free area for miles around. I live about 10 miles away from it. 

I've posted an observation report on last night's activities. 

Pretty clear here at the moment. Hope it lasts. I've had some quick views of Jupiter, Saturn and Mars in case it does not. The seeing seems pretty decent just now :icon_biggrin:

The refractors are deployed !

P1090726.JPG

• Like 7